Why is beer so good?

Options
dtoms10
dtoms10 Posts: 6 Member
Just started using MFP last week and could use some friends! My goal is to get my butt in shape before my wedding over the next few months. And, if anyone has any ideas on how to NOT drink beer during football season, please enlighten me.

Replies

• Joannesmith2818
    Joannesmith2818 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Thats not a problem for me. How would i describe beer....its what id image water would taste like if you left a bunch of rusty nails in there for a few days LOL.

I really dont no any beer replacements, but maybe just drink less of it. Who said you have to stop?
  • mcibty
    mcibty Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options
    My two favourites used to be beer and red wine (depending on the weather!).

I swapped to gin/slimline or vodka/diet coke. I've only just learned to have singles.

It's hard, but eventually you learn to pace yourself and once you're off it for a short while, you'll struggle to finish a whole pint. I had two recently and it wrecked me.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    My two favourites used to be beer and red wine (depending on the weather!).

I swapped to gin/slimline or vodka/diet coke. I've only just learned to have singles.

It's hard, but eventually you learn to pace yourself and once you're off it for a short while, you'll struggle to finish a whole pint. I had two recently and it wrecked me.

^^This. I rarely finish a beer. And even then, it's good for a pound of water weight the next day.
  • fbmandy55
    fbmandy55 Posts: 5,263 Member
    Options
    Just make the beer fit in your calories. Or enjoy it once a week on game day and live guilt free.

Beer one day a week is not going to sabotage you. Don;t cut it out completely and it will make dieting much easier! Everything in moderation.
  • Winston1717
    Winston1717 Posts: 184
    Options
    Love beer...not light beer...but stay away from it to be honest. Will enjoy it once in a while but know too many people mg age 49 that keep drinking and are grossly overweight. Feeling fit and healthy is a far better trade off. I seem to enjoy red wine more...especially with meals...
  • kkattles
    kkattles Posts: 5
    Options
    Be the official DD and always split a beer with a friend , it helps
  • KY2022runner
    KY2022runner Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Just switch to dark beer. A Guinness will make you feel much fuller than 3 light beers. Plus light beers suck, so there's that too.
  • fooninie
    fooninie Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    :drinker: mmmmmm....beer.... No help from me. I refuse to give it up ESPECIALLY once football gets going. This might bring on haters, but rather than cut beer out, I will increase my exercise component. That way, I fee that I have earned my beer cals... I've lost over 60lbs in a healthy way so I must be doing something right.

cheers
  • dtoms10
    dtoms10 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Just switch to dark beer. A Guinness will make you feel much fuller than 3 light beers. Plus light beers suck, so there's that too.

hahahaha I agree!
  • georgann1114
    georgann1114 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Sorry but beer and football season go hand in hand.... I have no advice, I actually encourage it. :) I have lost over 25 lbs and still enjoyed drinking beer
  • georgann1114
    georgann1114 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    :drinker: mmmmmm....beer.... No help from me. I refuse to give it up ESPECIALLY once football gets going. This might bring on haters, but rather than cut beer out, I will increase my exercise component. That way, I fee that I have earned my beer cals... I've lost over 60lbs in a healthy way so I must be doing something right.

cheers

Agree 100%
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options
    i could never abstain from beer... i drink miller 64
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    Beer is the nectar of gods...I've lost 40 Lbs while continuing to drink beer...not that nasty *kitten* 1/2 calorie bull**** either...real beer. Just fit it in.
  • ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options

^^^^^ This is not beer
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Not only is it almost football season, but also fall beer season. Oh the oktoberfests and pumpkin beers....I get a homer simpson drool level going just thinking about it.

I'm thinking it will be okay if I plan for it in my daily calories, buy the heavier bitter stuff (can't stand to have more than one or two of those), and maybe go for the splurge $12/bottle varieties so my wallet won't let me binge. Southern Tier Pumking anyone?
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    You just have to make it fit. I drink beer. A lot. All the time. Almost every day. A lot of my friends do the same. It can be done.
  • Mcgrawhaha
    Mcgrawhaha Posts: 1,596 Member
    Options

^^^^^ This is not beer

it is when your trying to to fit it into your calories. i dont just want 3 - 4... i want 10-12... so miller 64 it is...
  • AlistairBernardNormal
    AlistairBernardNormal Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Instead of pre-game beer or snacks, do a pre-game football game with friends or family.

The beer will taste so much better after you’ve dropped your neighbor who’s trying to catch a pass across the middle and then you wag your finger at them and say ‘Not in my house. No; I mean literally: not in my house.’

Then pop that top guilt-free!
  • mleech77
    mleech77 Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    homer_beer_2401_d.jpg
    Beer is still part of my regular diet. Just need to drink in moderation (never been a problem for me) and count it against your calories.
  • grimendale
    grimendale Posts: 2,153 Member
    Options
    Beer is proof that god loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin
    Beer is good! Beer is good! Beer is good! And stuff! - Psychostick