Replies

• Deebautista
    Deebautista Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Budweiser Select 55. Only 55 calories! :drinker:
  • Firemansam79
    Firemansam79 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I refuse to give up beer. Beer gets logged and its painful sometimes. I tried the 64 cal beer and it tasted like I left my glass of beer out in the rain. I drink craft beers now and just couldn't stomach the light stuff anymore. It works well cause Its spendy so I buy and drink less, but what I drink is really enjoyable!

Like any of my treats, I'd rather eat less of what really makes me happy and tastes good, than a bunch of artificially sweetened wood chips.

The days I know I will have more than 1 are the days I pedal my bike for 30 min longer or eat even better. I try to still remain close to my calorie goal.
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    ncCFRNL.png
  • TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Beer, beer, beer... the more you drink, the less you feel, the less you feel, the better you feel. Let's have beer for every meal.
  • str8bowbabe
    str8bowbabe Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    I too have a wedding coming up that I want to get in shape for...and well football and beer do go hand in hand...Add me if you want.
  • deedzzz
    deedzzz Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Light beer?!
  • SailorKnightWing
    SailorKnightWing Posts: 875 Member
    Options
    The only light beer I like is Miller Chill, and only because the lime flavor is so nice I don't really notice how weak the beer is. That's my go-to beer when I don't have enough calories for the real stuff.
  • chezjuan
    chezjuan Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    No TV and no beer make Homer something something...

I drink beer somewhat often. I brew my own and drink craft beers, so I do have to work them into my daily goals if I feel like one (some of the beers I have are close to 300 calories for 12 oz, and there are others with more). So I drink less of it than I used to before I started watching my calories.
  • MustangUSN
    MustangUSN Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Never been a problem for me - didn't like the taste, couldn't see the sense in having to learn to like the taste and decided on a hard and fast rule, don't drink anything that is the same color going in as it is coming out (in it's various forms). Feels like it is just being rented. Also, have MANY other vices to $pend the money on! :)
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    Beer is so good because it tastes yummy when it is ice cold on a hot day OR when you have already had two ice cold ones the rest can be room temp in a dirty glass and you won't care. It must be the alcohol.
  • Wefita
    Wefita Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I ABSOLUTELY LOVE BEER, especially when you mix it with football! Unfortunately I have had to cut it out tremendously, I have been drinking vodka and soda water or red wine, just because it has way less calories! In moderation I will still enjoy a delicious beer! I am thinking once football season comes I will have to up my exercise, because what goes better with football? BEER :)
  • Okeyboy
    Okeyboy Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    To me beer tastes bitter and that is why I only drink it once in a blue moon. Think of beer as being bitter and you'll be fine.
  • IPAkiller
    IPAkiller Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    :drinker: mmmmmm....beer.... No help from me. I refuse to give it up ESPECIALLY once football gets going. This might bring on haters, but rather than cut beer out, I will increase my exercise component. That way, I fee that I have earned my beer cals... I've lost over 60lbs in a healthy way so I must be doing something right.

cheers

Agree 100%
    You two make me so proud I could cry!
  • Tony_Brewski
    Tony_Brewski Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    Drink it up! I drink beer, I just put in extra PT time.
  • faithdanyell
    faithdanyell Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Just Don't...
  • swisseler
    swisseler Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I see no reason not to drink beer. Just try to make your calorie goal, including the calories from beer, and you'll be fine.
  • KinoM
    KinoM Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    No reason to not have a few beers. Get out & do some extra exercise through the week & spend those saved calories on some brews. Burn it to earn it!

Oh, and Guinness has fewer calories than most lagers too. Take it from an Irishman who knows!
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    You just have to make it fit. I drink beer. A lot. All the time. Almost every day. A lot of my friends do the same. It can be done.

I am one of said friends and I endorse this message.
  • caly_man
    caly_man Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    gonna make it real easy for ya

1. change your calorie goals to lose 1 lbs / week
    2. enjoy your new found calories
  • dtoms10
    dtoms10 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hahaha well thanks all. The consensus is I should just drinks lots of beer. This is exactly the answer I was looking for. :)