How to stay within your calorie goal at a fair?

Options

Replies

• TheBitSlinger
    TheBitSlinger Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Get off the merry go round and push? :laugh:

Or do this...

kcyaiJY.gif

or this...

ziYIChV.gif
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I don't.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    And drink lots of water to avoid confusing hunger with thirst!! But, those fresh squeezed lemonades are soooo tasty! I'd have to have one of those if I were at the fair.
  • Cheeky_0102
    Cheeky_0102 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    i just bring a lmiited amount of money... if i only have $10 to spend then i have to decide what i want carefully and it's a much better treat at that point...

my mom and i split a bunch of different food bus foods for dinner alst night at a fair, and it was awesome! Half a fish taco, half a gyro, half a lemonade, etc... that way you get to sample the tastes and not go as crazy
  • casmithis
    casmithis Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Glad you asked..

We live behind a park that has fairs all summer long. Last weekend was Ribfest. We took $40 bought ribs and 2 beers and that was it. No more money, no more food/beers. The band at the beer tent was awesome if we had more money we would've spent it all on beers sitting there all night.

This weekend is highland games. Wish me luck!!!

Cindy
  • SoViLicious
    SoViLicious Posts: 2,633 Member
    Options
    Don't
  • babyj0
    babyj0 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm going on Sunday! :smile:

But I know I will be fine, since there will be a lot of walking. I'll probably just enjoy a Turkey leg. And maybe a beer. :drinker: Everything is so expensive, so I won't be eaing junk food the whole time I'm there!
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    I would eat

It's one day OP
  • LarryDUk
    LarryDUk Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    You should lock yourself in your room with a running machine and water and not even open a window until you are at goal weight. Start now, the sooner the better!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    you plan ahead for it.
    or go over.
    either way, it aint gonna ruin ya.

if you decide to pack healthy snacks...keep them at home and save them for work the next day.

if you have too much funnel cake and dont feel well, hit the scrambler to puke it up so you can enjoy the candied bacon on a stick and fried milky ways.

the only thing you should pack is money and a roll of tums.

have fun!
  • SlimJanette
    SlimJanette Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Eat well before you go and bring some healthy snacks with you. Don't eat just because the food is there. Have 1 thing that you really want and keep it in moderation.
  • RYFBAR
    RYFBAR Posts: 45
    Options
    When we go to festivals, it's all water, some grapes and peanut butter/crackers in my purse, and I get the Giant Turkey Leg! Then my fair treat is protein. Oh, and sometimes maybe a frozen chocolate banana.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    Participating in the calf scramble or the pig run usually makes for a good calorie burn.
  • kenzie0884
    kenzie0884 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I've gone to the fair, and eaten while losing weight. My husband got a funnel cake, and I had one bite of it. And then I got a corn dog, and a lemonade. It was really high in calorie, but it was one day. I just exercised a little more the rest of the week. We also went another day and he got some deep fried oreos (3 count), and I had one of those, but nothing else. I didn't feel bad not one bit. Yea it's on the opposite spectrum of healthy, but how often does the fair come around? Just once per year here, so it was no big deal to me. Plus at the end of the week, I was still down and didn't gain. Enjoy your day at the fair, just don't go crazy!
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Eat the fair food youl love in moderation. Hiding from the things you enjoy is no way to live.
  • _Waffle_
    _Waffle_ Posts: 13,049 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone, I am seeking some advice here:

I am going to a fair with some friends on Saturday. Since I will be there all day... any suggestions on being able to stay within my 1500 calories?? I know it will be hard and I know there aren't any healthy options at the fair.

Spend more money on rides than food. Also, adjust your mustard corndog ratio and avoid the funnel cakes.

Or you could just have fun and not worry about a single day.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Eat funnel cake. Get on rides. Hurl. Repeat.
  • Tropical_Turtle
    Tropical_Turtle Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Why must be fair food be demonized. It is only one time a year. Work out all week, eat all the yummies that day, carry on and work out the day after. One day will not kill you and derail any hard work you have put in.

ENJOY!!!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I say load up on the meats and only have one ice cream instead of three. :flowerforyou:
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Eat funnel cake. Get on rides. Hurl. Repeat.

:laugh:

That would work well for some. Personally, I never hurl on rides. I am the ride master. :smokin: