Nutritional yeast?

Options
I use it in a dressing I like but am curious to know if and how you guys use it.

Replies

• 1976lulu
    1976lulu Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I stir it into mashed potatoes before I mash to give that nice cheesy flavour
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,615 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle it on my egg before I microwave it and I've heard it's good on popcorn.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I use it to make faux cheese sauces or sprinkle it on pasta.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    I add it to my popcorn. Or vegetables, or really anything, it's good.
  • jesusx3g13
    jesusx3g13 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I use it on everything, popcorn, mashed potatoes, vegan cheese...
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I put it into broth based soups to make them taste thicker and creamier.
  • Jolenepiche
    Jolenepiche Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your input! Much appreciated:)
  • Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I sprinkle it on popcorn or fried eggs, and I make a bouillon mix that contains it primarily nutritional yeast along with some herbs and spices.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    glassyo wrote: »
    I sprinkle it on my egg before I microwave it and I've heard it's good on popcorn.

It's surprising how good it is on popcorn. Add butter and salt, and a touch of paprika if desired. It's yummylicious, and a good source of protein. Try it! :smile:
  • whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    It's also good on popcorn with a Tbsp of grapeseed oil instead of butter for anyone who needs to watch their intake if saturated fats for health reasons, as I do.
  • cmtigger
    cmtigger Posts: 1,450 Member
    Options
    I love it on popcorn too, with a little butter and gateway to the north seasoning from the spice house.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    It's nice sprinkled on veggies before roasting.
  • KeepRunningFatboy
    KeepRunningFatboy Posts: 3,055 Member
    Options
    Sprinkled on many of my kale and romaine salads.
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Where do you find it? Do most grocery stores carry it? Where is it usually stocked?
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    Where do you find it? Do most grocery stores carry it? Where is it usually stocked?

Most grocery stores (at least where I've lived) do not carry it. I buy mine at Whole Foods. It's in the nutritional supplement section, sometimes in the bulk bins.
  • RedheadedPrincess14
    RedheadedPrincess14 Posts: 415 Member
    Options

I buy mine online at Vitacost.com
  • RedheadedPrincess14
    RedheadedPrincess14 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I make vegan pasta sauce for my boyfriend, vegan lasagna, put it on popcorn, on top of Chilli.. make faux Parmesan. I try not to add it to everything though cause it is high in calories and sooo tasty so hard to just have a little haha
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

My local Kroger carries it. It is in the healthy foods section.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,419 Member
    Options
    I put it in my cottage cheese sometimes, and even have put it in my PB2-based pseudo-Asian peanut sauce for veggies if I need extra protein, or in soup (at the end).

I don't think it really tastes like Doritos, but I thought this mix for popcorn was pretty tasty:

Healthy Dorito Flavored Popcorn
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    It's also good on popcorn with a Tbsp of grapeseed oil instead of butter for anyone who needs to watch their intake if saturated fats for health reasons, as I do.

I don't, but this is still great to know. Thanks for posting!

(Sometimes I want to use less butter for calorie reasons, and I bet everybody else too!)