Can't lose

2»

Replies

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,727 Member
    I'm not lying to myself or anyone about my food intake. I'm 50 pounds overweight. I recently was diagnosed with high blood pressure. I'm also getting married in July. I am purposely restricting calories in hopes of losing some before wedding. I'm sure after wedding I'll up my calorie intake. But I'm pre diabetic and now have high blood pressure so I'm dedicated to making my lifestyle change permanent.

If you're actually only getting 500 calories daily, are you getting weekly blood tests from the doctor who's monitoring you?
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,104 Member
    I'm not lying to myself or anyone about my food intake. I'm 50 pounds overweight. I recently was diagnosed with high blood pressure. I'm also getting married in July. I am purposely restricting calories in hopes of losing some before wedding. I'm sure after wedding I'll up my calorie intake. But I'm pre diabetic and now have high blood pressure so I'm dedicated to making my lifestyle change permanent.

If you're getting married you may want to consider eating more so you still have your own hair by then. The amount you're eating is way too low for someone who has 50lb to lose, pre-diabetic or not and could potentially cause the following side effects:

Heart erosion
    Poor circulation
    Irregular heartbeat
    Infertility
    Irregular menstruation
    Risk of bone fracture
    Osteoporosis
    Slowing of digestion
    Dry hair and skin
    Restlessness
    Depression
    Lack of libido