Low Carbing It!

Options
13»

Replies

• ellebear911
    ellebear911 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Rufftimes wrote: »
    It's not for everyone, I'll admit to that. But my GF and I love it and have had way better results than anything else we tried. We're under 25g carbs a day, and that includes our daily shake that actually has 12 net carbs.

I'm on day 3 and feeling lethargic!
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options
    Rufftimes wrote: »
    It's not for everyone, I'll admit to that. But my GF and I love it and have had way better results than anything else we tried. We're under 25g carbs a day, and that includes our daily shake that actually has 12 net carbs.

I'm on day 3 and feeling lethargic!

get those electrolytes up.
  • prpeterson2016
    prpeterson2016 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Over the past two weeks, I have slowly started cutting out carbs. I am making an effort to slowly incorporate the Keto ways lol. I lost 4 lbs in two days and have kept it off for a week, and from what my scale looks like, I will probably lose another 1 or 2 lbs by the end of the week. I am definitely looking to add friends and keep motivated for those who would like to add me; feel free :) I am not currently as strict as some because I have had issues with yoyo diets and cheating in the past, so this time I have decided to change things as I feel comfortable, or do one step at a time. My first step was reducing my pop consumption and making an effort to eliminate that. I then started logging my fast food meals into my fitness pal and realised how many carbs I was intaking. I realised then, that it was the carbs that are killing me, not necessarily the sugar. I have now managed to cut out most carbs and I feel great. I have no cravings, but I don't deprive myself 100% when out with friends. I'll have some things in moderation, and I've been able to stick to this way of eating with no cravings or regrets or with having it feel "difficult" for almost two weeks now. Low-Carb is the way go to! Love it.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    Over the past two weeks, I have slowly started cutting out carbs. I am making an effort to slowly incorporate the Keto ways lol. I lost 4 lbs in two days and have kept it off for a week, and from what my scale looks like, I will probably lose another 1 or 2 lbs by the end of the week. I am definitely looking to add friends and keep motivated for those who would like to add me; feel free :) I am not currently as strict as some because I have had issues with yoyo diets and cheating in the past, so this time I have decided to change things as I feel comfortable, or do one step at a time. My first step was reducing my pop consumption and making an effort to eliminate that. I then started logging my fast food meals into my fitness pal and realised how many carbs I was intaking. I realised then, that it was the carbs that are killing me, not necessarily the sugar. I have now managed to cut out most carbs and I feel great. I have no cravings, but I don't deprive myself 100% when out with friends. I'll have some things in moderation, and I've been able to stick to this way of eating with no cravings or regrets or with having it feel "difficult" for almost two weeks now. Low-Carb is the way go to! Love it.

carbs are sugar and sugars are carbs. when you cut carbs way down you lose a lot of water weight in the beginning. carbs arent killing you unless you have a health issue and too many would cause issues.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options

I'm pro low carb (in that I like it for myself currently, don't think it's the right choice for everyone), but if you switched from lots of fast food (which is high in fat and carbs and low in vegetables and somewhat low in protein, unless you are choosing REALLY carefully) to a more nutrient-dense low carb diet, I hardly think it's fair to assume the difference is all about cutting carbs. Often people don't really try a nutrient-dense diet that has adequate protein and vegetables and is overall more balanced before going to low carb. I do agree that low carbing tends to be satiating for many, can be easy in that it feels indulgent even at low calories (which can be helpful if one would miss an indulgent diet or enjoys feeling like they can eat foods they used to consider "bad"), and of course gives one a rationale to remove the foods that for some people are the hardest to moderate.
  • Fox_889
    Fox_889 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Keto! I cannot believe I have been alive all these years and not know about the keto way of eating. I started a month ago and lost the last few pounds I have been struggling with for years! The best part is I am NEVER hungry. There are absolutely bad vs. good foods. I don't go without any foods I like, I learned to make my own breads, ice cream, pudding, candy, anything you can imagine, even low carb wine. I find new recipes every day and I will never go back to my old eating habits. It all seems way too easy especially using My Fitness Pal to calculate the carbs, etc.
  • Gigi_Sings
    Gigi_Sings Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I'm new to keto too. Feel free to add me.
  • noorjiddou
    noorjiddou Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi All! I have commuted to becoming an atkins for lifer! I plan on starting my induction phase the day after my daughter's bday party. I am taking a very positive approach to this. Agree that low carb is not necessary for every type of person who is looking to lose weight and there are people (like my husband) who are perfectly capable of metoboliibg larger quantities of simple and/or complex carbohydrates. This is what works for me and I'm looking at this life change as he figuring me out. All power and props to all that works for anyone trying to make a positive life change!
  • noorjiddou
    noorjiddou Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • Ejcejcejc
    Ejcejcejc Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I just finished 12 months in ketosis for weight loss and it is truly eye opening. "Cravings" disappeared quickly and even now that I am eating slightly more carbs, nothing has "triggered" me to overeat. I am enjoying more variety in food and figuring out what my "new normal" is for maintaining my weight. I am going back into ketosis for some more weight loss on January 2 and looking forward to that too. So odd to know exactly what to do to lose weight in a healthy way whenever I want and feel good doing it. Yeah!
  • raytamtay3
    raytamtay3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've been on keto for a little over two weeks now. While the scale isn't really budging, I do feel better and I know I'm losing inches. I only have about 10 lbs. I'd like to lose for summer.
  • raytamtay3
    raytamtay3 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    How do I add members btw?
  • alayhew00
    alayhew00 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Keto here, but more lazy keto. I also have PCOS, and keto has been amazing to me. I'm not losing as much as I thought I would, but I'm losing weight, and that's all that matters to me. Giving up bread, Cokes, sweets, and potatoes used to be a dream I had. I just stopped one day. I decided that I was done and needed to change things. Now I completely see why my weight was out of control, both in my diet and the PCOS. This plan is so easy for me to keep, and I feel like I'm thriving! Honestly, I sleep better, I feel better. I get strong cravings often, but I just brush them away. I used to have SO many excuses, but not anymore!
  • alayhew00
    alayhew00 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    ESinc1118 wrote: »
    Hello! I am also doing low carb/keto and loving it, though not seeing the weight loss results I want yet (3 months in so far). Always looking for additional friends to add to get real life feedback and examples to learn from!

Let's be friends- I think we could definitely learn from each other!
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    raytamtay3 wrote: »
    I've been on keto for a little over two weeks now. While the scale isn't really budging, I do feel better and I know I'm losing inches. I only have about 10 lbs. I'd like to lose for summer.

I did not lose the first pound until day 45 of Keto but people were saying things about me losing weight and I thought they were making fun of me being obese. I checked in the mirror and saw my fat jaws were melting and I was using the next smaller notch in my belt I realized. I went on to lose a total of 50 pounds which I have maintained for 3 years now eating all that I want just keeping carbs down to around 50 grams daily. I no longer track my blood ketone levels or any other way. My health and health markers are better than in 30 years at the age of 67.

Best of continued success.