Walking/running picture results

Options
cheethnico
cheethnico Posts: 57 Member
I love walking but have really started pushing myself I'm a pear shape 2stone left to my target so really don't want to bulk up my thigh muscles too much. Has anyone get any result pictures from toning up from running?

Replies

• Moopstheterrible
    Moopstheterrible Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Walking and jogging are low-intensity cardio exercises. While you may gain some muscle, especially if you were previously not very active, you are very unlikely to "bulk up" your thigh muscles from jogging. If you are indeed pear shaped, then you will likely lose fat at a greater rate than you will build bulk from jogging.

How many marathoners have you seen with bulky thighs?
  • cheethnico
    Options
    Yeah true I've just read a few conflicting things online and it left me feeling a little deflated as I love walking and I'm building up my running
    I am very self conscious of my legs im 4 stone down but they have been the slowest area to notice the loss so this last 2 stone sould leave me feeling more confident along with toning up
  • dm5859
    dm5859 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I love walking too when it became too easy, I added an adjustable weighted vest. It's like walks my with a fat suit. I can also do squats , lunges,push ups and planks with it it really made a difference.
  • jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Incorporate some bodyweight Calisthenics (burpee's, Squats, lunges, Jump Squats) and Sprinting sessions and you will tone right on up without the need of a gym.

Sissy Squats and back bridges almost forgot about those haha.
  • jerseyboss
    jerseyboss Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic. I mostly walk. I work long hours and would struggle to get an hour in a gym during workdays so I walk to and from work with ankle weights which is about 7miles a day (adding up to 28 miles on work days).
    I've also done some walking with a weight vest on my days off some days so it's good to see you can get some great results from this.
    I'm a type one diabetic so I've struggled once or twice trying to work out what I can and can't do especially on work days but I hope to get there!
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I am also walking/building up my running again. For me it's post-baby. I have larger legs and I find running helps them stay lean. I do squats and bridges once a week at least too. I also run a small business. It is not easy... but you look amazing! Inspiring!
  • cheethnico
    Options
    Thank you mine was over eating in last 2 pregnancies I had not shifted last of weight before I got pregnant
    It's taken 2 years on and off here but shifted last 14lb in last 10 weeks it's more about fitness now than just weight loss I don't gain the weight back I lose my diet before and activity level keeps the weight off but I really have to work at losing even half a pound
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!