What can I eat at the movie theater?

Options
Going to the movies tonight and am trying to think of what the best (or least awful) snack would be to have there. Ideas? It's a regular AMC chain.

Replies

• arjeffries136
    arjeffries136 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I bring nuts, jerky and cheese in my purse. I buy a diet Mt. Dew while I'm at the theater. I get the kids popcorn but they try to eat my snacks.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    You have to plan for eating anything at the movies. I just gave up on planning and eating or drinking anything there and found that I was ok. If you do have hand-to-mouth disease, get a small popcorn and use only your non-dominant hand to raise the popped corn to your mouth.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    Things you sneak in
  • mtek94
    mtek94 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Water
  • MalkinMagic71
    MalkinMagic71 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    When I go to the movies I usually share a large popcorn loaded with enough butter to give me a heart attack. The liquid butter soooo good.

I don't go to the movies more than once every couple months so when I do I indulge in whatever I want.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I buy a drink there (remember: the price of your ticket goes almost entirely to "Hollywood"; the concessions are how the theater stays in business) and carry some Skinny Pop popcorn in my purse.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    If I have calories to spare, I have my favorite candy. If not, I just get a ginormous diet soda. I dislike movie popcorn, and "like" candy but don't "love" it, so it's not so hard for me. My husband, on the other hand, plans ahead to make room for his beloved buttery popcorn. :)
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,145 Member
    Options
    Going to the movies tonight and am trying to think of what the best (or least awful) snack would be to have there. Ideas? It's a regular AMC chain.

Why do you need to eat anything at the movie theatre?

Bring a bottle of water or diet soft drink if you figure you'll feel a bit dry after an hour or so.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I typically just have a diet coke.
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Man I'm too broke to afford concessions! Haha Seriously though, anything that fits calories. I tend to avoid the popcorn because that liquid gold gives me liquid...heart palpitations. Lordy.
  • Packerjohn
    Packerjohn Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Bring a bottle of water or diet soft drink if you figure you'll feel a bit dry after an hour or so.

This, nobody needs to eat something during a 2 hour movie.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I drink a big old diet coke and bring something like beef jerky
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Machka9 wrote: »

Yeah I don't get this either. I love the movies because it's 2 hours during which I'm busy and not thinking about food, actually... (besides I don't enjoy my food half as much if I'm just mindlessly eating it in front of a movie, so it's a waste of calories).
  • Macy9336
    Macy9336 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Nothing. Studies show that eating while distracted puts humans into a shark feeding frenzy type of zone where you just mindlessly keep eating and eating and eating. I'd take some sugar free gum if I needed to break myself of the habit.
  • cangler
    cangler Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    sneak in one of those little bags (or two), of Angie's boomchickapop or skinnypop... so you get the movie theater experience of having popcorn without the high prices/cals. i believe they're only 80-100 cals per bag.
  • shandy82165
    shandy82165 Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Popcorn without the butter topping is a decent option. You could maybe bring a small bag or container of some kind that you could use to measure out your own portion controlled serving so that you don't mindlessly eat the entire bag.