Does your SO know your weight?

Options
spdaphne
spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
edited May 2017 in Health and Weight Loss
I was finishing my food log this morning for last night and looking for an item I asked my bf about. I went to complete the log and got the little page that says "if you ate like this the next x weeks you would weigh ..." And he saw the number. I've never shared my weight with a SO and it's probably because I'm insecure about it. He said it didn't matter and told me his weight which is lower than mine.

Anyway, does your SO know your number?

Replies

• KylaBlaze
    KylaBlaze Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Mine does, but only because we both like being healthy and it keeps me more accountable I feel
  • Derf_Smeggle
    Derf_Smeggle Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Yup, she knows my weight, I know her weight. We've been together for 13 years, and talk about our health concerns frequently.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    No. I've never told any of my SOs my weight. Probably like you said it's an insecurity thing. I imagine at some point my SO will find out, but I'm not in any rush to tell him.
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    He does. He also helps me take my measurements and vice versa.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Every now and then somebody will say it out loud but the number isn't what matters and we see each other naked everyday so it's not like this is a secret.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,818 Member
    Options
    Yep. We're both health conscious and active, and share various bits of info like that.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    When i was overweight i wasn't very forthcoming or honest about what i weighed. But now that I've lost it, my hubby knows the number.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    He could know. I write it on the calendar hanging on the kitchen wall every week and we live in the same house. If he wants to know it is right there. He doesn't mention it.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    I used to be pretty secretive about it, but then I went through some medical treatments where I had to be weighed every week to ensure the treatment was accurate for my weight. Since hubby went to most of the appointments with me he saw the number even though it wasn't one I was proud of. I had to get over my insecurities about that. Now that I'm 25 pounds lighter, I'm happy to share it with him. I even ask him what he thinks I weigh on any given day, and he's usually within 2-3 pounds.
  • RedheadedPrincess14
    RedheadedPrincess14 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Yeah lol. I probably drove him crazy because when I was 20 pounds heavier I would talk about exactly how much weight I had gained lmao. He doesn't seem to really care what I weigh. Or maybe he just hides it well? When I gained weight last year, I was freaking out, and he didn't seem at all bothered. Now that I've lost it... he still just acts the same as always lol
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,483 Member
    Options
    Mine knows mine; and I know his.

When we met he was twice my weight.
    Then I put on 30 lbs, lost it. He then put on 35-40 lbs, lost it.

Now we are back in the weight ranges we started at 33 years ago.

We don't actually check up on each other's weight, it just comes up in conversation sometimes.

It is a source of amusement to us.

Cheers, h.
  • Sara3434
    Sara3434 Posts: 48 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    I'd never shared my weight with anyone before but since losing I feel i can tell him now as im not as heavy as i was so not as embarassed if that makes sense. I am about 28lb heavier than him too :-1: so our joke now is that I WILL weigh the same or lower than his weight someday. It's my motivation lol
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    No, I don't think my husband knows my weight. Not because I am hiding it from him, we just never talk about weight, even though we both are very much into healthy lifestyle and working out.
    Even if I told him, I would have to write it down on a sticker on the fridge for him to remember it. It's just something he doesn't pay attention to.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I have no idea. I don't keep it secret but if I've mentioned it, it doesn't seem like the kind of info he'd memorize.
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    he knows about what i weigh, yes.
  • 1982Josie
    1982Josie Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    No way!
    I am currently 17 stone 6 / 244lb.
    My partner guessed that I was about 11 stone (I was a size 12 at 11 stone, being 5 foot 7) so there is no way I am going to shatter his illusions haha!