Replies

• armchairherpetologist
    armchairherpetologist Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    elphie754 wrote: »
    MizMimi111 wrote: »
    missvyris wrote: »
    My boyfriend knows and he's the one putting me on a diet. I'm pretty much fine with my weight and body, but he keeps calling me fat.

I know why most have trouble with this statement, but jumping right to telling them the dump them is a bit extreme. They could be comfortable in their body, but obese and their loved one wants them to be more healthy. We don't know the full story. Also-some people enter controlling relationships willingly, not anyone's place to judge.

There is a difference between entering into a mutually consenting controlling relationship and having your SO call you fat and put you on a diet.

Again, only part of the story.

There are 24/7 total power exchange relationships that people do enter into willingly. Personally not my roast of coffee, but if that's what others choose to do, far be it for me to judge.

If I gained weight, my SO would say something, as I would if he gained weight. We would both probably offer up suggestions to get back on track, too, which I guess could come off as controlling to others, but it's something that we are aligned on as far as personal goals. We both know what our goals are and where we both stand in terms of reaching them.
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    When I was 295 I would not tell him and we were together 7 years when i decided to start my journey I told him and update him at every weigh in now b/c i just love how far i've come
  • Veggie_mama
    Veggie_mama Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    No. Absolutely not. I know it's my issue and not his. However, the number means something to him, to me, it's how I feel and look. I'm heavier than I look.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    My boyfriend knows and he's the one putting me on a diet. I'm pretty much fine with my weight and body, but he keeps calling me fat.

Time for a better boyfriend. :|
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    We know each other's weight roughly...it's not a big secret, and the number really doesn't matter...I mean we see each other naked every day, so there's really not much to hide. We're both working off some winter fluff at the moment and, like this morning, my wife commented that I'm looking leaner...yesterday when we were playing in the yard with the kids I commented to my wife that she's looking good...her arms are really starting to pop...but the number is fairly irrelevant. In maintenance we're both fairly lean and tend towards the upper end of BMI...I'm about 5 Lbs over, but I'm going to try to cut to 175 this year which should be a good solid 4 pack territory.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    My husband knows my weight and my goals. Like others have said, he sees me naked...
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 776 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Sounds like a healthy relationship. "Putting you on a diet?" Cringe.

Edit:typo
  • spdaphne
    spdaphne Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Interesting insight. Yeah my boyfriend has shared with me his weight through our relationship, mostly because he gained like 20 lb the first 6 months of our relationship. He said he's the highest weight he's ever been, though he's on the high end of the normal weight for his height. He looks great though. Lol his doctor had asked why the gain and he said he has a girlfriend now lol.

Nice to see supportive SO, or oblivious ones. Haha.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Maybe? I'm not like actively keeping it from him, but I'm not necessarily shouting it across the house, either. I don't care, really. He's seen me naked and likes me just fine. :p
  • elphie754
    elphie754 Posts: 7,574 Member
    Options
    DanniB423 wrote: »

It very well could be a healthy relationship.

I know why most have trouble with this statement, but jumping right to telling them the dump them is a bit extreme. They could be comfortable in their body, but obese and their loved one wants them to be more healthy. We don't know the full story. Also-some people enter controlling relationships willingly, not anyone's place to judge.

There is a difference between entering into a mutually consenting controlling relationship and having your SO call you fat and put you on a diet.

There are 24/7 total power exchange relationships that people do enter into willingly. Personally not my roast of coffee, but if that's what others choose to do, far be it for me to judge.

If I gained weight, my SO would say something, as I would if he gained weight. We would both probably offer up suggestions to get back on track, too, which I guess could come off as controlling to others, but it's something that we are aligned on as far as personal goals. We both know what our goals are and where we both stand in terms of reaching them.

Yep, like me.
  • Madwife2009
    Madwife2009 Posts: 1,369 Member
    Options
    Nope, DH doesn't know and doesn't care. He loves me as I am, whatever weight that may be.
  • DanniB423
    Options

Yep, like me.

I guess for me saying "my husband is concerned about my weight and health so he is supporting me and helping implement changes in our house and lives that will better us." No one can "put you on a diet" not even a doctor. It is a personal choice and only you can do the work. I just personally don't feel like doing it because someone else wants you to or "put you on it" is really the way. But that's just my opinion.

• TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if she knows my exact weight - probably not. But she knows what weight class I compete in, and that I don't get too far above the cutoff. So she knows more or less what I weigh.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    No he doesn't. I don't even know my exact weight in kilos or pounds though. So...
  • DanniB423
    Options

Yep, like me.

And not to mention she said she's fine with herself and he calls her fat. Super nice and healthy.
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    Yes, we're both health focused and weigh in together every Sunday.
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options

Yep, like me.

And not to mention she said she's fine with herself and he calls her fat. Super nice and healthy.

So much this. That has nothing to do with power struggles or whatever.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Married 20 years..we know each others weight, goals, see each other naked, actually not much we don't know about each other really..