Quest Bars: are they worth it?

Options
Quest Bars are doing a promotion -- you can try two bars for about $4 (seems a bit pricey, but if I like them, I might get them)
They seem good in terms of nutrition, most of them are fairly low in sugar, but a little high on the salt if you ask me...but that's okay, because they have 20g of protein.
I am a vegetarian (and I try to eat vegan as often as possible) and I have trouble getting protein in. Like, REALLY have trouble.
As of right now, even when I eat vegetarian protein foods (veggie burgers, veggie "chicken," etc) I don't get even half of my daily value of protein.
Can anyone tell me if they are worth it to add into my diet or if I should try an alternative method for protein?
(no I am not willing to eat meat again, I haven't touched chicken, beef, or pork since I was 12)

Replies

• alphal0b0
    alphal0b0 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are definitely worth the money for me .. I also don't need them to meet my protein macros.. but I add them on certain days I feel I need to meet my Fiber intake.
  • JisatsuHoshi
    JisatsuHoshi Posts: 421 Member
    Options
    Quest Bars are doing a promotion -- you can try two bars for about $4 (seems a bit pricey, but if I like them, I might get them)

wtf kind of promotion is that?!? They should be giving free sample bars....

Personally I include them in my diet. They are high in fiber, great tasting (Multiple flavors), most of them don't have sugar alcohols like other brands and if they do the count is low.

I say buy an individual bar and see how you like it. I usually see them for like $2.85 a bar at GNC. I think they are the best your money can buy. I own a box of every flavor except for their new White Chocolate Raspberry :grumble:
  • jimithegreek
    Options
    I buy them buy the box online (like $25) and feel they are definitely worth it. The chocolate chip cookie dough flavor is the best, in my opinion. There are a number of other flavors I enjoy, but chocolate chip cookie dough is like heaven on earth!! By the way - if anyone reading this tries the new white chocolate raspberry, please let me know how it is.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Yes, they are the best on the market and I eat them daily!
  • minijuggernaut
    minijuggernaut Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Oh god yes they're worth it. Try microwaving em for a few seconds for maximum delicious.
  • hollirrose
    hollirrose Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Here is a coupon from GNC.... or you can Google and find your own.

http://content.gnc.com/coupons/COUPON_nonGC_20807.pdf

It is for $10.00 off of any $20.00 purchase. The Quest Bars are on sale until August-- Buy 2 and get 1 free. I get a box of 12 bars for $13.00 including tax.
  • southerndream24
    southerndream24 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Totally worth it! Chocolate peanut butter is my favorite!
  • jdaley90
    jdaley90 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I do feel the quest bars are worth it but 2 for $4 isn't a promotion. On Drugstore.com the everyday price is $24.99 for a box of 12. W/ free shipping on orders over $25 and cash back every quarter to be usedon future purposes as well as the occasional department discount.

This week I bought a box of 12 Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough bars for $12 after all my discounts with Drugstore.com plus free Shipping :)

'*edit*: PS Drugstore.com currently has 20% off EVERYTHING in the sport nutrition dept (Quest Bars included!). This is the link: http://www.drugstore.com/diet-and-fitness/sports-nutrition/qxg180689-0?aid=338011&aparam=13wk47dsSPORTS&om_u=NskREF&om_i=_BR78HDB8z-752o ( I think)
  • 1yoyoKAT
    1yoyoKAT Posts: 206 Member
    Options

It is for $10.00 off of any $20.00 purchase. The Quest Bars are on sale until August-- Buy 2 and get 1 free. I get a box of 12 bars for $13.00 including tax.

Thanks for the coupon! Quest bars are excellent, worth it in my opinion. :drinker:
  • rm830
    rm830 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Oh god yes they're worth it. Try microwaving em for a few seconds for maximum delicious.

^^This! LOVE Quest bars!
  • missability
    missability Posts: 223
    Options
    I came across the Quest bars back when Summer began and I knew with the added running around there would be days I would miss lunch....I tried 6 different flavors, and have narrowed it down to Coconut cashew, Banana nut muffin, and Mixed berry bliss, as my top 3 favs, in that order.....I also like the cinnamon roll with a cup of coffee.....BUT I do not drink coffee very much, so that is the one I will probably eat more of come winter.....

I was on a search for a protein bar that was not just another "glorified candy bar", and had no sugar substitute additives like, aspartame, Splenda, etc.....These fit the bill nicely....also I buy them on www.vitacost.com..they tend to be a tad less there...but also I signed up for a GNC gold card (free), and now I have coupons in my Inbox all the time....I have used the $10 off $20 coupon more than once, which makes them cheaper than the crappy bars.....I would highly recommend them....:)
  • JuzDuIt
    JuzDuIt Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    They are SUPER good - tasty and high in protein and fiber. A minimum of crap in them, unlike other bars. I love the Cinnamon Roll.

I also got 12 for about $13 bucks at GNC with the buy-2-get-1 free deal and the coupon. You can copy that coupon and go in as much as you want with it. Load up!

Also, Power Crunch bars are pretty good. Kind of like a sugar cookie texture but with 20g of protein. Also at GNC and on sale.
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options

Thank you for the coupon! Now I'm considering buying some. I prefer real food, but something fast that I can grab for breakfast is a must some mornings. Cheers!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I stopped eating them for a while but just went back to them. I just haven't found any other bar that fills me up like they do, and they are healthier. I absolutely love the new white chocolate raspberry one...

I just ordered a bunch and didn't know about the coupon though. Ugh. Oh well...
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    went to GNC, used the $10 off coupon and the buy 2 get 1 free deals which made them about $1 a piece. Way good for the macros! I tried the cookie dough this morning. It was barely edible cold, and just "decent" warm. I was disappointed. I got 6 cookie dough, 3 peanut butter power, and one each of a couple other flavors. If this was the best of them, then I am REALLY disappointed. Sad. I will say that they are better than some or even many other protein bars that I've tried, but don't think that you can throw out all of your junk food. These will not hit the spot IMO.
  • kariannmbc
    kariannmbc Posts: 144
    Options
    The only caution I'd throw out is to make sure stevia doesn't bother you, since that's what they use as a sweetener.
  • booboo68
    booboo68 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    I love Quest Bars. If you like their page on FB, I see people asking them for free samples all the time and they get them. They also have a "carbless pasta" called Pastablilities. An added bonus for me is that I don't crave sugar anymore, they are like a treat for me.
  • iheartmy1dog
    iheartmy1dog Posts: 207
    Options
    I just started eating them because I wasn't getting enough protein. The dietician I saw told me its better to get protein through food so I'm trying to incorporate more protein foods into my diet but in the meantime I've been having quest bars... I think they taste pretty good too.