Quest Bars: are they worth it?

Options

Replies

• Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I got it online. Really my favorite now, lol.
  • tmpecus78
    tmpecus78 Posts: 1,206 Member
    Options
    Message me if anyone of you wants to order bars. :drinker:
  • DATMANN
    DATMANN Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Quest bars are worth the money. They contain high fiber,protein, and are low in sugar. My favorite flavors a chocolate chip cookie dough and the cinnamon roll!
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    I like the Quest Strawberry Cheesecake.
  • RevelationArtist
    Options
    Yes, Quest Bars are worth the money when you consider that you could never buy breakfast anywhere for that price. I use them as a meal replacement when I am on the run. I usually eat one with a coffee for breakfast, or sometimes for a snack. The chocolate brownie flavor is amazing at 170 calories, very low carb and 20 grams of protein. Pop one into the microwave for just a few seconds to soften and warm it up. Yum! Sometimes I press a few walnuts into the softened bar and it's even better. No "vitamin" taste like some bars either. I have found that the best price is at Drugstore.com if you sign up for their emails they will send you special promos like additional percents off products. That's when I stock up, always by the box of 12 for the best value. Last time I bought them by the box with an email promo coupon at Drugstore.com I paid just $1.70 for each bar. Since I am not a vegetarian please forgive me if what I'm about to tell you about is not vegan. But try this for a big protein boost. One cup of plain fat free Greek yogurt, mix in one scoop of a protein powder of your choice (I use Body Fortress Super Advanced Whey Protein, Vanilla) then add a few sliced strawberries and mix it all up. You'll get a whopping 53 grams of protein from that meal. It is delicious and very filling! And see, no meat needed. Virtually no fat either. I hope this helps.
  • JoRocka
    JoRocka Posts: 17,525 Member
    Options
    Anyone see the lawsuit for nutritional mislabeling?

Apparently they have been lying their faces off about the content of the bars.
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Confuzzled4ever Posts: 2,860 Member
    Options
    Here is a coupon from GNC.... or you can Google and find your own.

http://content.gnc.com/coupons/COUPON_nonGC_20807.pdf

It is for $10.00 off of any $20.00 purchase. The Quest Bars are on sale until August-- Buy 2 and get 1 free. I get a box of 12 bars for $13.00 including tax.

Grumbling about expired coupon that I got excited over in old resurrected post
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options

http://romanoroberts.com.mx/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/031117536688.pdf
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    They're worth it to me. Without one as breakfast, I have a ridiculously low protein intake.
  • FJcntdwn2sknyluv
    FJcntdwn2sknyluv Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    YES!! YES!!! YES~!! just DO IT!! lol... for the price/protein/high fiber.. which fit lovely into my lower carb lifestyle.. they have replaced candy bars in my world!.. I have tried so many other ones and these are the best.. plus if you go to their website there are TONS of dessert-y type recipes they come up with... they do these 15 second recipes on instagram that are awesome!!!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options

Oh crap! That sucks. We eat tons of them!
  • Fullsterkur_woman
    Fullsterkur_woman Posts: 2,712 Member
    Options
    Well, that was a little bit overblown. I think it all comes down to whether or not IMO are "fiber" and whether or not those should be counted as 1.5-2.5 calories per gram or 4 calories per gram. Since I'm not worried about ketosis, I don't much care about "net carbs", and most people who do low carb are going to know not to eat tons of "frankenfoods" that use a lot "net carb" trickery to get the carb counts low.

I would be interested in knowing if the calorie counts are off though. I calculate 220 calories in the apple pie one, not 170, and 225 in the strawberry cheesecake one, not 160. That's a pretty sizable difference. This is why there's a thread "you're eating more than you think"! :laugh:
  • Confuzzled4ever
    Options
    Well, that was a little bit overblown. I think it all comes down to whether or not IMO are "fiber" and whether or not those should be counted as 1.5-2.5 calories per gram or 4 calories per gram. Since I'm not worried about ketosis, I don't much care about "net carbs", and most people who do low carb are going to know not to eat tons of "frankenfoods" that use a lot "net carb" trickery to get the carb counts low.

I would be interested in knowing if the calorie counts are off though. I calculate 220 calories in the apple pie one, not 170, and 225 in the strawberry cheesecake one, not 160. That's a pretty sizable difference. This is why there's a thread "you're eating more than you think"! :laugh:

Yea I always wondered how their calories were so low when others were much higher. I assumed it was because of the no added sugars and stuff... but i know that doesn't really make sense... but I guess we will see.. Maybe we can all add our names in and get a nice little check when they settle.

(ha that we will probably spend on quest bars.. LMAO)
  • lisawinning4losing
    lisawinning4losing Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Someone recommended these to me recently. After reading through the thread, I'll definitely have to buy a box and try them. I wish they were on sale somewhere right now!
  • animalldy
    animalldy Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I can only eat 1/2 a bar, otherwise I get horrible bloating and am very uncomfortable for the rest of the day. I only eat the ones sweetened with stevia because I get headaches from sucralose. I'm not going to buy anymore since they don't seem to agree with my system...

FYI, if you send them a message on Facebook they will send you TWO FREE BARS (!!).
  • toddis
    toddis Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Don't buy a box, buy one or two. I've tried most flavors myself and shared with a dozen people. No one liked them. If you nuke the for about 10 seconds they are tolerable if eaten right away. Probably would recommend the brownie one if you go that route.
  • JessyT79
    JessyT79 Posts: 2
    Options
    I usually eat 2 a day - as a snack between meals.
    I did find that they were too expensive at the shops so I go to www.HealthyNotion.com as they are fans of quest bars and know where the best place to buy is.
    At the moment www.iherb.com seems to have the best price and you can get 10% off your first purchase with this discount code: VHF335
  • blcgrace
    blcgrace Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    They are very tasty and filling, but they give me really bad stomach ache.

I just think it's the amount of fiber in one little bar. It's nearly a day's worth.
  • jlynnm70
    jlynnm70 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    A friend recommended them to me - GNC had buy 2 get 1 free - so I got 6 - I didn't like the PB one. Cookies and Cream was good tho. I have others left to try so we will see. I keep them in my desk for when I forget to pack lunch or need a snack.