Asking someone out at the gym or getting him to ask me??

Options
amtyrell
amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
Ok so there is a good looking guy about my age in the gym. I run into him about three times a week. He is nice always says hi and asks me how the workout is going. He is clearly friends with two of the trainers and has at times left conversations with them to come over and say hi.
In a bar I know what I would do to either ask him out or get him to ask me out. But in the gym where honestly I look sweaty and red faced not sexy and where it is technically not a pick up place how do you either get a man to ask you out or ask him out without violating the gym etiquette?

Replies

• Cerealsensei
    Cerealsensei Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    You're over thinking it. You're already at an advantage because you guys are familiar with each other. All you have to do ask. There's no secret to it.
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    Ask him to spot you when your doing bumbell fly's on the bench!
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    *takes notes*
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Have actual conversation beyond saying hi. Like about what you both do outside the gym.
    See where that goes.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    Do not ask him out.

why not??

... as a guy, I would have no problem with her asking me out on a date; none.
  • Just_Mel_
    Just_Mel_ Posts: 3,992 Member
    Options
    Ask the trainers he's friends with if he's spoken for. Word will get back to him fast. Then he'll ask you out if he wants to. Do not ask him out.

Good idea. Find out if he's married. Tons of people ditch their rings at the gym.
  • bigmuneymfp
    bigmuneymfp Posts: 2,235 Member
    Options
    Post a selfie and we'll tell you what you should do
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    There should be a dislike button
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    2nd ^
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    lstrat115 wrote: »
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Do not ask him out.

why not??

but how would your wife feel? ;)

I didn't say that I would accept; I would just be flattered ( and very, very surprised ) .
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Do not ask him out.

why not??

Then she has to pick you up, bring a bouquet of flowers, open the door for you, take you to an eatery, pull your chair back, get you tipsy, pay the bill for cocktails and dinner, drive you home, try to feel you up a little in the car without making it too obvious and then walk you to the door and tell you how lovely you are and we'll be doing this again soon I hope.

Of course you'd love it.

would I have to get my hair and nails done and buy a new outfit for the evening?

If so.... count me out
  • bigmuneymfp
    bigmuneymfp Posts: 2,235 Member
    Options
    Do not ask him out.

why not??

but how would your wife feel? ;)

I didn't say that I would accept; I would just be flattered ( and very, very surprised ) .

You'd have to tell the girl no and that you are married. Then she would feel foolish and maybe be embarrassed to see you in the gym in the future. She stops going to the gym, she eats her feelings, she gains 300lbs and becomes diabetic and a hermit because she is ashamed. She adopts cats. Lots of cats. They are her only friends and she talks to them and tells them the story about the guy who killed her soul at the gym one day....
    Is this how you want the story to end????

Hilarious!
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    My very first thought, every place is a 'pickup' place, not just bars..

If you have skills you use in a bar as you stated "I know what I would do to either ask him out or get him to ask me out", use this.

I think if someone is not married and available you will know it, OR they can be married and still available, you never can tell these days..
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    RoxieDawn wrote: »
    My very first thought, every place is a 'pickup' place, not just bars..

If you have skills you use in a bar as you stated "I know what I would do to either ask him out or get him to ask me out", use this.

I think if someone is not married and available you will know it, OR they can be married and still available, you never can tell these days..

Could be married looking for a third...