Jillian Michaels- ripped in 30

Options

Replies

• WickAndArtoo
    WickAndArtoo Posts: 773 Member
    Options
    @WickAndArtoo yes, ripped in 30 is another step up :) I might do another round!

Cool! Thanks :) let me know if/when you do repeat it and I'll join you!
  • marieschneider1097
    marieschneider1097 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    @WickAndArtoo sure! That sounds great.
  • Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm posting because it's another JM day for me and I am going to be accountable!

So a quick story: I went to a 60-min circuit type class at the gym yesterday. It felt easy - and a bit slow. I'm starting to feel hooked on the 30-min format, especially when I can fit in walking or a quick jog with the shorter workouts. I am actually considering putting my gym membership on hold for July now!

I've been using 10's with JM for legs (though I can't lift them overhead due to PTs orders) and I sometimes still switch to 8's for the back moves.
  • Niki_Fitz
    edited June 2017
    Options
    June 21 wk2; June 22wk3; today wk3. Feeling kick-***. Thanks Jillian, and my fit friends. How about those bear crawls and duck walks?
  • marieschneider1097
    Options
    I'm on level 4 and my legs are burning :#
  • WickAndArtoo
    Options
    I'll be on day 4 today, I'll check back in when I'm finished! It was the first time in forever that it didn't say it was going to storm at all today, so I took the dogs on a hike this morning to a new trail! Gotta eat then I'll get to it (posting this to keep myself accountable!!)

@wellnesschaser are you doing a different level each day ?
  • Niki_Fitz
    Options
    June 24- off; June 25 & 26 - W3.

@WickAndArtoo I am being loose with the program because I had a couple of gym classes I liked. But now I'm liking JM better. So I'm behind you guys. I'm trying to get in a full week of all level 3. And then on to level 4.

@marieschneider1097 yeah I bet! When does your 30 days end?

• Niki_Fitz
    Options
    Oh, but @WickAndArtoo when I did RI30 last year, I did actually jump around in the weeks. I wanted less repetitive stress at the time because some of the moves were really hard postpartum.
  • marieschneider1097
    Options
    @wellnesschaser Saturday!!
  • Niki_Fitz
    Options
    Had to change it up so did week 4 yesterday. Wow, plié squats are hard. I hope my legs start showing the lean muscle this is building! It's all diet and patience, right?
  • Niki_Fitz
    Options
    Got my JM in yesterday and today! This has been a good challenge... @marieschneider1097 @WickAndArtoo any upcoming workout goals???
  • WickAndArtoo
    Options
    Got my JM in yesterday and today! This has been a good challenge... @marieschneider1097 @WickAndArtoo any upcoming workout goals???

I think I am going to sign up for a race! Are you into running races?! We could see if there are races near us on the same day, it would be like we ran the race together... except in different places :smile:
  • Marieschneider026
    Marieschneider026 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    @wellnesschaser I was thinking about tony Horton 10 min trainer it's a 90 day challenge! :)
  • Niki_Fitz
    Options
    @WickAndArtoo I could try virtual race with you! I'm actually scared of road races although I did three tris and they obviously have running but it's the starting line that freaks me out lol. Well maybe time to get over it? Let me know if you find a race date.

@marieschneider1097 what is Tony Horton's trainer all about? I'll look it up!

I think I'm going to cycle back through this DVD. Again. I want to get really strong through all he moves, like Vasheera strong (is that the model's name??).

I have the dream of trying insanity max 30 but I think I'm a long way off.
  • Marieschneider026
    Options
    @wellnesschaser he's the p90x guy lol he's as crazy as Jillian
  • Niki_Fitz
    Options
    @marieschneider1097 In that case I'll definitely look into this! I love the crazy ones
  • WickAndArtoo
    Options
    @wellnesschaser haha! I totally get it, and I actually was looking at virtual races the other day and found a really cool one that I was considering doing!! So if you are up for it it's going on now through July 31. This is the link to it http://www.goneforarun.com/virtual-race-run-with-me-virtual-5k/tr-35524.html?cgid=gfar#start=1 it's pretty sweet, you are supposed to run with your dog for it (although I don't think that's mandatory if for some reason your golden can't run) and you get a medal, bib, and a t shirt with a dog on it :smile: I am also going to opt to get the car magnet that is a couple extra dollars (it's a dog carrying running shoes by their strings). Let me know if you are up for it.
  • Niki_Fitz
    edited July 2017
    Options
    @WickAndArtoo I will look into it! The timing is good... @marieschneider1097 woo that's a fit guy, Tony Horton. I have Jillian'a kickboxing program still in the packaging, I've gotta open it.

If anyone starts a 30-minute home workout accountability thread let me know. It's such a no-excuse format, I need to keep it up and it's awesome having home workouts friends!
  • Marieschneider026
    Options
    @wellnesschaser yes sounds great :) I think I'll join you w another round of ripped!! I was thinking about all my results and should just stick to it lol going to start day 1 level 1 today.
  • Marieschneider026
    Options
    Here's my 30 day pic! I think I see a little difference :)