What odd quirk do you have?

Options

Replies

• jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    ekim2016 wrote: »
    I sleep with pillow over my face...

Me too. It's hard for me to fall asleep if I don't have at least one extra pillow covering my head.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    Y'all are pretty weird.
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »
    Y'all are pretty weird.

But that's why you like us, right?
  • OY74NmFGBL
    OY74NmFGBL Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I like milk and potato chips. Yum. I used to sprinkle original lays in my original Cheerios.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    Y'all are pretty weird.

But that's why you like us, right?

You're of my tribe.
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    This is in part because of my anxiety, but no matter what, even though I purchased a hair straightener specifically for the reason that it turns off after 60 minutes of use, I never believe that I've turned off and unplugged either my straightener or my curling iron before leaving the house (even when I take photos of the unplugged appliances).

I prefer it when my husband leaves after me or if we're leaving together, because then there's someone else in the house who can say to me, "yes, it's off and unplugged," but if I'm the last one to leave the house I have to fight myself in order for me not to just bring it to work so that I can be 100% sure that it's not plugged in.

I do bring it to work sometimes. If I use a hair dryer or straightener and have leave a short while later I bring it with me to work because I have anxiety thinking about it being hot still or that I forgot to unplug it.
    I also check appliances, even if I haven't used them, to make sure they are off before leaving home.

Me too! I am so crazy about my curling iron in the mornings that I unplug it and put it in it's bag and take it with me to work. If I can see it in my floor board then I'm good. I also check all appliances before leaving the house.

• JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I always need to have the ability to check the time. I don't need to know the time, just the means to find out. It doesn't matter if I have a schedule to keep or not. I experience a bit of anxiety If I'm someplace without my phone and there are no clocks around.
  • WickedPineapple
    WickedPineapple Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I can also do the eye vibrating thing. In my family we call it shaking our eyes. My nephew, brother-in-law, and I can all do it. I used to do it randomly when I was little while my best friend was making eye contact to freak her out. :D

I dream a lot and tend remember them, most are very mundane while others are very cool. This week I had a dream about the Hulk fighting some big thing 50x his size.

I have a hard time standing still. If I'm waiting in line or something, I will shift my weight back and forth every second or so.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I like my underwear to go with what I am wearing, they don't have to match, I actually prefer them to be different colours but the colours can't clash with each other or my clothes, that bothers me. I also prefer to wear only white socks, unless they can be seen, then they should go with/match my pants.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    This one I don't tell anyone...It's a bit weird

I like my socks to be clean on the bottom before I put my shoes on, it stresses me out to walk across a floor in socks and then put shoes on. I don't know why. I put clean socks on and then shoes without touching the floor if possible. You can a imagine this poses a problem when I go to someones house.
    I can do it, I just don't like to.
  • BoosDimples
    BoosDimples Posts: 2,826 Member
    Options
    I have this odd quirk of being honest without being a total *kitten*.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I like my underwear to go with what I am wearing, they don't have to match, I actually prefer them to be different colours but the colours can't clash with each other or my clothes, that bothers me. I also prefer to wear only white socks, unless they can be seen, then they should go with/match my pants.

you keep getting more and more perfecter
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    jtegirl1 wrote: »
    Y'all are pretty weird.

You know you like that I put my hand between my thighs :D

tumblr_luj8h3ah7P1r6t5aao1_r1_250.gif
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I am not a fan of going to doctors in general, nor the dentist, but I do it because it's important. However, part of my borderline phobia seems to be scrubs worn by medical staff...so even if I am just waiting in line at a grocery store next to a person who is in their work scrubs from their job, I feel really anxious and uncomfortable being near them. So...I feel EQUALLY stressed by standing two feet away from a random veterinary tech at Target as I would be standing next to a nurse getting ready to draw my blood.

It's crazy I know...my friend who wears scrubs for her job in a medical office will CHANGE HER CLOTHES before we get together for a quick dinner, because she knows I've always been this way. I could totally deal with that but she knows me. haha
  • rdevol
    rdevol Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to lip balm, preferably of the plain Chapstick variety, but I'll lower my standards if I'm desperate. If I don't have one on my person or nearby at all times, it makes me very anxious and my lips immediately feel dry and chapped.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    rdevol wrote: »
    I'm addicted to lip balm, preferably of the plain Chapstick variety, but I'll lower my standards if I'm desperate. If I don't have one on my person or nearby at all times, it makes me very anxious and my lips immediately feel dry and chapped.

Yassss. I have Chapstick stashed all over the place.

• KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    So normally, I fall asleep without problems, but sometimes if I'm having difficulty I'll lay on my stomach (a position I normally never sleep in) with my arms straight and tucked under my body (laying on them, I guess). It's so comforting (no idea why) that I almost instantly fall asleep!

Also, I third the lip balm addiction. Mine's not limited to one brand, though. It's chapstick or lip gloss. I have one on me almost all the time. I prefer mint or medicated varieties, though. :)
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    Someone please tell me what "flip my tongue" means!
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    I also like to have lip balm around... so much so I started making my own.

I have lots of sleep quirks, apparently. I can't fall asleep if my legs are touching, which is weird because I like to sleep on my side. I put a pillow or the blankets between them so they don't touch.
  • browneyedgirl749
    browneyedgirl749 Posts: 4,984 Member
    Options
    FeraFilia wrote: »
    I also like to have lip balm around... so much so I started making my own.

I have lots of sleep quirks, apparently. I can't fall asleep if my legs are touching, which is weird because I like to sleep on my side. I put a pillow or the blankets between them so they don't touch.

I sleep with a body pillow, throw my leg over it like it's a person. I can't stand my knees touching when I sleep, and I'm a side sleeper too. Plus the pain on my lower back... the body pillow is more for straightening my lower spine.