Replies

• lionessluv
    lionessluv Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    * Meant to say I am almost 30 DAYS in
  • lorilou04
    lorilou04 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I have been keto for a little over a month and have lost 11 pounds. Feel free to add me if you want.
  • dollarnen
    dollarnen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I've been transitioning to keto... So far so good! Feel free to add me as a friend! Any keto people :)
  • catincradel
    catincradel Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have just started this diet. I did it a few years ago and it really works. I am looking forward to the support.
  • Sarahb29
    Sarahb29 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Lots of people doing Keto on here. I use the Low Carber Daily forums to get ideas sometimes :)
  • ellebear911
    ellebear911 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone!
    I've been in a ketogenic diet since May 10, and so far, I've lost 10 pounds worth this way of eating. Is there anyone here doing this same lifestyle? I'm very new to this app, so please feel free to add me.
    Hi, everyone!
    I've been in a ketogenic diet since May 10, and so far, I've lost 10 pounds worth this way of eating. Is there anyone here doing this same lifestyle? I'm very new to this app, so please feel free to add me.

I'm on day 3 and so lethargic
  • Frikta
    Frikta Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Today I'm restarting keto. Last time I lost 24lbs in about 6 weeks. I'm really looking forward to being comfortable in my own skin again. I'd love some keto pals on here! Please add me if you'd like.
  • ThatLadyFromMN
    ThatLadyFromMN Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Hello all, I'm also starting Keto, feel free to add me. I also very much welcome tips. :)
  • ellebear911
    ellebear911 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    On day 3 and feeling lethargic! Any tips?
  • LexyGetsFitUK
    LexyGetsFitUK Posts: 13 Member
    Options

It will pass. It's something called the keto flu that lots of people go through in the beginning. There are some tips for how to get past it quicker online. Mine luckily hit over the weekend, so I could just wait it out.
  • LexyGetsFitUK
    LexyGetsFitUK Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I've been doing keto for about 8 weeks now and have lost nearly 28lbs. I did 2 weeks of under 20g net carbs in the beginning and have since allowed myself up to 30g net carbs daily. It's definitely something I plan to keep on doing once I get to my goal weight. Got a spiralizer and discovered a larger number of amazing recipes with cauliflower rice and spiralized veggies. 57 days in and I haven't fallen off the grain waggon yet :wink:
  • ISparkyI
    ISparkyI Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I am coming up to the end of my Week 3 and have lost around 5 kgs (11 pounds). It took me around 10 days to be in a regular Ketosis state and am now powering on. The attractive part of this diet is you can still live on (real food) instead of shakes and soups etc. (If that is your thing all good, just didn't work for me). Another positive is I can't remember the last time I have had so much energy. The only negatives are you may get sugar cravings at the start, which do pass and also I felt lethargic the first week. I was also getting headaches as a part of the Keto flu which have also gone. Enjoying it so far.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options

Your electrolytes are out of balance. Up your salt intake immediately. When you follow a Keto WOE, your body will require a MINIMUM of 3,000mg-5,000mg of sodium, every singe day. The easiest way to get that amount of sodium is to dissolve a bouillon cube in the appropriate amount of water and drink the resulting broth. Drink 2 cubes daily. Also drink pickle juice or olive juice and eat pickle or olives.

I suggest for all the newbies in this thread that you head on over and check out the following main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

It will pass. It's something called the keto flu that lots of people go through in the beginning. There are some tips for how to get past it quicker online. Mine luckily hit over the weekend, so I could just wait it out.

@LexyGetsFitUK..."Keto Flu" is completely avoidable simply by doing ones research and paying careful attention to the electrolytes one in consuming.
  • GatorGirlKA
    GatorGirlKA Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to Keto too. So happy to have found this discussion. I think I'm doing everything correctly and lost 6 lbs in the first week. But another week down and I've actually GAINED a lb back. It makes no sense. I even dropped my calories from 1300 to 1200 to 1100. I just dropped them again today to 1000 in hopes that I can show more gains. My keto stick tells me I'm in ketosis, but the weight is not coming off. Anyone else experience this? Feel free to add me, I'm looking for some good support :) TIA!
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    ^^^^^^
    There are lots of us and it is a friendly and hugely informative space.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    @GatorGirlKA...what is your current height and weight? Going on pure speculation here, it sounds to me as though you've possibly dropped your calorie intake far too low. 6lbs in one week is a GINORMOUS loss so be patient. Again, highly recommend the following group:

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options

Supplement electrolytes. Pickle juice is a good bet.
  • GatorGirlKA
    GatorGirlKA Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    @ladipoet Thanks for the reply. I will absolutely look into this group. I really appreciate the recommend!
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new to Keto too. So happy to have found this discussion. I think I'm doing everything correctly and lost 6 lbs in the first week. But another week down and I've actually GAINED a lb back. It makes no sense. I even dropped my calories from 1300 to 1200 to 1100. I just dropped them again today to 1000 in hopes that I can show more gains. My keto stick tells me I'm in ketosis, but the weight is not coming off. Anyone else experience this? Feel free to add me, I'm looking for some good support :) TIA!

When first starting low carb, you will experience a lot of water weight loss as you shed glycogen. The amount of time this takes can vary widely from person to person.
  • makowsk8
    makowsk8 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm avidly thinking about keto or some form of it, but I hear Mitochondrial Metabolic Therapy (MMT) is a bit better and ever so slightly different. Doing some general search on here I have not found any commentary on this so can anyone comment on the differences/benefits of MMT vs keto?