One thing you refuse to sacrifice

Options
1235»

Replies

• Fawwisky
    Fawwisky Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Sugar.
    I have a massive sweet tooth. I gave up candies and chocolates but now I just eat 2/3 teaspoons of raw white sugar whenever I am feeling low on glucose. If Insulin is going to get spiked, then I make sure not to mix sugar with fats.
  • brookielaw
    brookielaw Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    cheese. You can pry it from my cold, dead hands. Thankfully it fits within my macros.
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Coffee creamer. Sigh. I've gone from regular to sugar free, but that's about as far as I can force myself to go. Oooo...and lasagna.

As far as lasagna, I'll give a whole wheat noodles a try and try to give vegetables a shot -- 2 cups spinach, cut up 1 cup carrots, and 2 cups kale. Spinach and kale baked in a lasagna might be your thing.

• brrite
    brrite Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Cheese. I must have cheese. Seriously. Some days, I will run an extra mile just so I can have an ounce of good cheese.
  • candylilacs
    candylilacs Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Carbs!

Which is why my simple carbs are going by the wayside. Quinoa, farro, and brown rice are my go-to complex carbs.
  • xchocolategirl
    xchocolategirl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Everything I love everything :)
  • sarahlifts
    sarahlifts Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I will not give up cheese. Ever.

People saying I just eat less, That's awesome but some of us have to say no to things because we cannot moderate.

Potato Chips, which I haven't eaten in over 10 years unless its in a single serving bag is one of mine . Chocolate is another. I'm in love with the cocoa. I will go to great lengths to consume it. Its best we part ways. I'm not going to have 1 small square when I know where all the other small squares live. A Smack addict can't just shoot up a little. I leave chips and chocolate alone. Plus chocolate in the quantities I like to eat cause pimples :(

• DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    sarahlifts wrote: »
    I will not give up cheese. Ever.

People saying I just eat less, That's awesome but some of us have to say no to things because we cannot moderate.

Potato Chips, which I haven't eaten in over 10 years unless its in a single serving bag is one of mine . Chocolate is another. I'm in love with the cocoa. I will go to great lengths to consume it. Its best we part ways. I'm not going to have 1 small square when I know where all the other small squares live. A Smack addict can't just shoot up a little. I leave chips and chocolate alone. Plus chocolate in the quantities I like to eat cause pimples :(

I am this way about Oreos!! I can't have just two or seven cookies when I know that they rest of them are just waiting for me in the cupboard! Luckily, since the ones that come in single serving packets just don't taste the same (they really don't), I'm not tempted by them, and I've learned that I can't have the other ones in my house. That being said, I'm prepared that I WILL most likely account for an entire bag over the course of a few days when the Halloween and Holiday ones come out. I don't know why, but the formula for the orange colored crème and the red colored crème is just *so* much better :wink:

ETA: I don't think I'll ever 'give up' anything forever, although I've declared a seasonal exception policy on Oreos (see above). I do cut back on my favorites like wine or coffee creamer if it's been a particularly rough week to stay in calorie goals, but that's a once a month kind of deal I might opt for black coffee for a few days or have a couple fewer glasses of wine over a week. I could never make those long term habits.