20-Day Sugar Free Challenge - June

Options
13»

Replies

• Niki_Fitz
    Niki_Fitz Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    @hannamay16 & @NoMoreAfatChick so glad you're joining in.

I passed on a Chinese sweet bun and a taste of ice cream yesterday. Oh and the fortune cookie! Today I passed on some sweetened juice concoction mixed in a cocktail.

You know, I would have just gone for these things if not for all of you jumping in on this challenge! I know I feel better for it. The scale is tipping properly this week too. So thanks and keep posting!
  • Ladycatfield
    Ladycatfield Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Totally fail today: stressed day at work after time with stress, period starting, and generally feeling miserable. Had a gluten free and dairy free treat (coeliac and dairy intolerant, yay me) but have stayed just about under my calories for the day.

How do you keep so strong? I'm so tired of dieting. I've not binged the rest of the day, kept the calories lean and clean to make up because I don't want to comfort eat anymore
  • Niki_Fitz
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @clareatfield - I failed and fell into a bowl of cereal Saturday and not only did it have sugar but it wrecked my calorie goals. So you're pretty strong for keeping at your goal!

With sugar, it's the need for more and more that gets me. Not always - sometimes I can be normal and enjoy a little - but often enough that it wrecks my goals and so I do these avoidance challenges and just practice.

Yesterday and today I'm back on track anyway. I think you're doing great.
  • Ladycatfield
    Options
    Thanks for that. It's been so hard, busy, and hungry! I've been more active as a part of cracking down on this 20 year old weight gain, which probably explains the extra hunger.

Well done for getting back on track! it's taken me three days of yummy sugary foods, but I've had two days of sugar free. Phew.
  • Niki_Fitz
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @clareatfield good for you, getting back to it! I've been off the sweet stuff since the cereal mishap. Hitting my protein goals. The scale is moving!

Twice I had nothing but protein shake available and it has stevia :( But this challenge helps me to prioritize eating whole food. Oh I was hungry and food shopping (dangerous!) and walked through the bakery and thought "oh this all smells great!" But I didn't really care to have any of the sweet stuff. That was cool.

Where's everyone else at?
  • marieschneider1097
    marieschneider1097 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm here I had a hand full of tootsie rolls last night :#
  • Niki_Fitz
    Options
    @marieschneider1097 woo hoo you're here!
  • Ladycatfield
    Options
    I'm miserable. I just want to jack the whole thing in. I don't want to be fat but I don't want to diet either.
  • marieschneider1097
    Options
    @clareatfield why don't you adjust your macros or calories :# I hate when that happens.
  • Ladycatfield
    Options
    Thanks for the support, I'm on step 4 of Cambridge diet, but I've been using my calories to eat dark chocolate instead of nutrient dense foods, so I am my own saboteur.

Sigh
  • Niki_Fitz
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Day 20, woo hoo. I failed twice and the second time (mom's brownies) really put me over goal. It was a slap in the face reminding me what a sugar addict I am. The other 18 days were not bad. I missed having stevia.

Would anyone be interested in a no-added-sugar support thread rather than a challenge?

I have the opinion that added sugars kill my eating goals. But if it's a rare treat, being able to manage that properly (not binge!) is a learning process.

@clareatfield - Are your calories set high enough? If you're starving and fatigued chocolate would be a natural energy boost! I would agree with @marieschneider1097 - I did that when I was having trouble and what a change. Anyway, you're still here so cheers to that! Support thread, anyone?

• marieschneider1097
    Options
    I did really good yesterday!! I just had one banana in my protein shake :)@wellnesschaser whatever you is better I'm trying for 21 days no sugar :#.
  • Niki_Fitz
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @marieschneider1097 fantastic. I want this as a lifestyle, you know? I really do better with a challenge, but meanwhile an occasional treat is awesome if I can keep it occasional. So maybe I'd better start that support thread!
  • Ladycatfield
    Options
    I'd appreciate it! I have changed my calories but don't know much about changing macros appropriately. Yes, please keep the thread and maybe we could do a challenge every once in a while