I finally tried Halo Top, and..

Options
kenzienal
kenzienal Posts: 205 Member
Holy cow, that's good.

I was pretty skeptical on flavor, since I have a slight hobby of eating more ice cream than I should, especially since I am mildly lactose intolerant. I thought, "Nothing can taste as good as Breyers Ice Cream"..

But there it was, sitting in the cooler at Walmart calling my name. I tried Birthday Cake and Chocolate, and am hooked for life, I think.

I can only eat about half a pint in one day, but for 140cal, I am okay with that!

Thank the gods above for gracing the world with this glorious frozen treat.

Granted, hand dipped ice cream will always hold the #1 spot in my heart, but Halo Top will help me survive the days in between.

My prayers have been answered.

Replies

• Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I can't eat more than 1/2 without a stomach ache, which is a good thing since I have to 1) drive 40 minutes to get it and 2) fork over all my money once I get there
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to get past the steep price yet. Not to mention when I picked a carton up it felt really light... I like dense, creamy ice cream. Light ice cream tends to be aerated and has a weird texture to me.
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    kenzienal wrote: »
    Holy cow, that's good.I thought, "Nothing can taste as good as Breyers Ice Cream"..
    I live in Blue Bell country & those are fightin words around here, but for a lot of flavors, I agree. I just don't tell anyone I prefer a lot of it over the beloved Blue Bell because they might send a mob after me. LOL
    Haven't tried Halo top since one serving is nearly half the carb allowance I have doing keto, but summer is about to kick our Texas *kitten* & I might be willing to sacrifice other stuff to have it when the soon to arrive triple digit temps make us retreat into the shade much of the time.
  • cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    And.... click bait.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Tried it recently and it was fine. If calories were not an issue I would choose something else but halo top was tasty enough.
  • VegasFit
    VegasFit Posts: 1,232 Member
    Options
    I'm also a fan of Halo Top. Red Velvet, cookie dough and chocolate chip crunch are my faves. I'm glad it's available in more stores now but I don't buy it like I used too cause it's too expensive. More than $3.99 and they are not getting my money!
  • A_Witty_Ginger
    A_Witty_Ginger Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    They don't sell it Canada :( best we have is skinny cow for $7

Is it any good? Lol I work in a grocery store and have been asked to carry it
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    There are a couple flavors I haven't been impressed with (vanilla and caramel) but usually it's pretty good! I only buy them (and stock up) when they are on sale at $3 a pint of cheaper.
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    Options
    I love it as a light ice cream option for days where I can't afford to eat regular ice cream. I just really can't get over the price, though. Here in the state that it is made, it costs 4.99 on average. :(

If I could find it on sale somewhere like all these other people here keep mentioning, I would stock up.. but nothing in Cali ever goes on sale.
  • aimingforjoy
    aimingforjoy Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Personally, find the taste of Halo Top revolting. I LOVE Enlightened though! Every flavor EXCEPT strawberry cheesecake.

Blue Bell still reigns supreme though! ;-)
  • EdR55
    EdR55 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I wasn't a fan when I tried it, oh, and click bait @kitty :wink:
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    Options
    I just tried it and enjoyed it
  • ZodFit
    ZodFit Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    Yup had my second pint in 2 weeks. It's the best

Peanut buttttterrrrcuppp
  • dashaclaire
    dashaclaire Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I just tried it too, vanilla and chocolate so far. Vanilla was yummy but a little sweet for me so I used it as a topping for tart strawberries. Chocolate is creamy and wonderful. I would happily eat it instead of other ice creams for the foreseeable future. I'm most looking forward to oatmeal cookie.

I'm lucky to live in South FL where it is sold at Whole Foods, Publix, Walmart, and Winn Dixie. Yes it's close to $5 a pint but I only eat it 64 grams at a time. And I spend a lot less on food these days since I eat less overall. Halo Top can keep me on the wagon and it's worth every penny.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,034 Member
    Options
    Tried it! Bleh. Lots of better low-cal frozen treats out there.
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,506 Member
    Options
    it's ice cream, right?

.....yeah, not a fan of ice cream; not my thing at all.