I finally tried Halo Top, and..

Replies

• FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    gaaah sorry, I should have read everything before posting. I think Halo Top is miles and miles above Arctic Zero. SO much better...I really think if you even liked Arctic Zero a tiny, tiny bit...you will *die* a happy death trying any flavor of Halo Top :smiley:
    Mainly I bought it because the carb count was lower than Halo Top. Who knew the missing carbs would be were all the good flavor was supposed to be. I'll give HT a try, once I get rid of these.

• cdsteed95
    cdsteed95 Posts: 3 Member
    Love Halo Top!!! Definitely worth it!
  • queenscorpio73
    queenscorpio73 Posts: 59 Member
    It was ok. It was aerated, almost like a whipped texture. Perhaps put in the back of the freezer for a few days? The flavor was spot on( I had chocolate). Ate the whole pint though, it was THAT aerated. I would get it again if I'm in need of a pork-out-episode. It doesn't trigger the excessive eating bug either.
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    oocdc2 wrote: »
    Lemon Cake is the underappreciated, overlooked flavor of Halo Top. Just sayin'.

Pint was my lunch yesterday!
  • shadowfax_c11
    shadowfax_c11 Posts: 1,942 Member
    I tried it when it was on sale recently.

I don't really understand why anyone likes it. I mean it doesn't taste bad but it also just isn't all that good, unless you like vaguely chocolate flavored ice.
  • futuresize8
    futuresize8 Posts: 476 Member
    I like it - caramel is my favorite. But the price is off putting. A smaller market I like to go to sells it for $6.99. Across the street is a larger chain who has it on special often for three dollars less. Crazy!
  • kenzienal
    kenzienal Posts: 205 Member
    Yeah I found Walmart here sells it for $4.65, but the gas station down the road sells it for $5.99.

I tried Red Velvet last night, and it wasnt my favorite. I will atleast be able to finish the pint, but hopefully the cookies and cream tastes amazing.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    What artificial sweetener do they use?

Stevia and Erythritol.

I like the plain chocolate or the cookies and cream.
  • mortuseon_
    mortuseon_ Posts: 257 Member
    I wish we had Halo Top here! For those in the UK, the Waitrose chocolate frozen yoghurt is pretty good. The macros aren't like Halo Top, but it's still only 445 kcal for the whole tub.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    edited June 2017
    I picked up a pint of pistachio Halo Top last night, thinking I'll finally get to try it today after my bike ride. But my wife and kids ate it all while I was out on the ride. :cry:
  • fglrml86
    fglrml86 Posts: 28 Member
    Love it! I've tried two or three of the flavors so far! Can't wait to try others!!!
  • N6314P
    N6314P Posts: 28 Member
    i ate three pints in one sitting the other day. black cherry, pistachio, and peanut butter cup.

My hero
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Ok, I got some last week.

NOT. THAT. GOOD.

It's no were close to Blue Bell. Or any other ice cream for that matter.

Yes, its low calorie but with every bite I took I was wishing I had the real thing.

I'd rather have the real stuff less often than binge on Halo Top.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    The s'mores is disappointing. It tastes coconutty, and I don't know about you, but I don't put coconut in my s'mores.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    edited June 2017
    The s'mores is disappointing. It tastes coconutty, and I don't know about you, but I don't put coconut in my s'mores.

I wear coconut shells on my boobs.
  • kenzienal
    kenzienal Posts: 205 Member
    I didn't like the Red Velvet, Cookies & Cream was pretty blah, but Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, Birthday Cake and Chocolate all taste amazing to me.

but I will admit, there is NOTHING like the real ice cream. Not a bluebell fan though, Breyers is where my loyalty lies.
  • JewelsAU
    JewelsAU Posts: 52 Member
    I hated Halo Top.. thumbs down. Anyone want the smores I have left? It tastes like butter pecan.

Chocolate was the closest that resembled what was in the container.. $5.99 and containers not even filled up, no thanks, I do not need diet food this badly.

Sticking with taste, texture and creaminess of real ice cream.

• lalee115
    lalee115 Posts: 185 Member
    I got some today for the first time. Picked up black cherry and chocolate almond crunch at Wal-Mart for $3.88 apiece. By the time I got my kid out of the toy department, paid and got home, they were pretty sufficiently thawed. So I peeled the lids off and tasted them.

Chocolate almond crunch was VERY almond-y. As in, more almond flavor than can be detected simply by adding in almond pieces, so there was some artificial flavoring. Reminded me of something I can't quite put my finger on. Not bad if you like that kind of thing, but not sure how much I could tolerate in one sitting. Plenty of almond chunks, which is good.

The black cherry was awesome. Definitely my favorite of the 2. Sweet but not sickening. Good flavor. Creamy. Some tiny, chewy cherry bits. Winner.

Granted, I only had a spoonful of each, but I was pleasantly surprised. I know it's a tossup if someone will like it or not... seems to get really mixed reviews. I honestly went in expecting to be disappointed, but I really wasn't. I also wonder if anyone who complains about texture is letting it soften up enough. Texture was just fine to me. I'm not a huge ice cream fanatic, though. I can really take it or leave it most of the time, so maybe I just don't have the refined ice cream palate!
  • _pi3_
    _pi3_ Posts: 2,311 Member
    I need to try it but I'm still a Ben and Jerry's *kitten*