My Paleo/Low-Carb Brethren!

Options
Spirit_Goose
Spirit_Goose Posts: 15 Member
Hey!

I would like a buddy or two. Would you like a buddy? I'll be your buddy if you'll be mine. :smile: I'm doing a low-carb/paleo diet. I'd love to exchange recipes, tips and tricks, or just straight up rant about how much I miss potatoes and the like. Trust me, I've been there more times than I probably should have been.

Of course, you don't have to be doing the same thing I'm doing for us to be buddies.

Long live Grok! :wink:

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited May 2017
    Options
    Why aren't you eating potatoes? Over-restricting almost infallibly leads to bingeing.
  • Spirit_Goose
    Options
    Why aren't you eating potatoes? Over-restricting almost infallibly leads to bingeing.

Like I said, I'm doing low carb. I'd rather use my carbs on a rainbow of vegetables in a massive salad than on one potato. Also, from personal experience, they make me gain.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Okay, but why are you eating low carb? Too many calories is what makes you gain weight. Is it just hard for you to only eat a moderate portion of potatoes? In that case, it can be effective to not eat potatoes. But if you think potatoes are "fattening", please reconsider.
  • Spirit_Goose
    Options
    Okay, but why are you eating low carb? Too many calories is what makes you gain weight. Is it just hard for you to only eat a moderate portion of potatoes? In that case, it can be effective to not eat potatoes. But if you think potatoes are "fattening", please reconsider.

I've lost 88 lbs. eating the way I am eating now counting, not calories, but carbs.

Cruising through this site, you'll find people doing diets of all kinds. If you're interested in learning more about my diet, I recommend visiting Mark's Daily Apple. Also, Dr. Mercola's protein-type diet is another source of information about what it is specifically I am doing.

Eat well (whatever that means for you)! :)
  • spingirl605
    spingirl605 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    I try to stay low carb, with the occasional high carb meal when I visit my boyfriend (we make fresh pasta together). Not so much now that summer is here. We'll do BBQ over pasta, but all winter long I had fresh pasta once or twice a month. I'm like you, carbs don't work well with my weight loss goals. I love giant salads with tons of veggies. My favorite right now is a tuna, avocado salad...It's to die for, and completely paleo!! You can add me if you like, but don't judge the occasional carbish meal you see in my diary! hahahaha...Good luck!!
  • peckchris3267
    peckchris3267 Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    I've been trying to keep my carbs to less than 20 grams per day and it has worked very well. I'm losing weight steadily and am never hungry.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    If you'd like to discuss YOUR eating style, which seems quite successful, consider joining here:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

There's also a paleo/primal group.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/37-primal-paleo-support-group
  • Spirit_Goose
    Options
    If you'd like to discuss YOUR eating style, which seems quite successful, consider joining here:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

There's also a paleo/primal group.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/37-primal-paleo-support-group

Thanks for point me in the right direction! I just joined both. :)
  • xtielynn
    xtielynn Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    First day of Paleo! Let's be PFFs! Also joining these groups. :o
  • Spirit_Goose
    Options
    xtielynn wrote: »
    First day of Paleo! Let's be PFFs! Also joining these groups. :o

Request sent!