What motivates you to lose weight ?

Options

Replies

• infinitynevermore
    infinitynevermore Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I want to look good for my husband. Of course he says he doesn't care what size I am, but he loves to show me off, and hates that I'm so camera shy because of my weight. Diabetes runs rampant in my family so I'm trying to stave that off. Finally, I want to show my son a healthy, energetic, strong mama.
  • nourhanehab7
    nourhanehab7 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I want to see my belly FLAT !
  • edlanglais5
    edlanglais5 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Seeing my progress so far, and that is worth it. Also, a blood test 2 months ago showing triglycerides double what they're supposed to be. Need to get those to a healthy level.
  • nourhanehab7
    Options
  • georgiamaxine1
    georgiamaxine1 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I decided I needed to get fit and lose weight when I got up to 15 stone 4. I'm 37lbs down, I have around another 30lbs to lose and I'd like to do it by November. What motivates me to lose weight and be healthy is how much energy I have now, it's made me become a much more positive person, and I'm a lot more happier
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I have many reasons-health, vanity, etc. But ultimately, I'm just more comfortable at a smaller weight. It's amazing, but even being just slightly overweight, so many things are just awkward/uncomfortable and I absolutely hate the feeling of being restricted. It makes me feel claustrophobic.

I feel freer when I'm at my ideal weight range (per my own preference) and also enjoy the feeling of being strong/fit.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I never had any weight issues until I was in my 30s and took a desk job...I was always lean, healthy, and fit and was a competitive athlete for much of my life.

When I was 38 I went in for my annual physical and it turned up some pretty bad blood work...it had actually been brewing for a few years, but it was really bad at this particular visit...so initially, it was my health. As I got into things I realized how much I missed being physically active and capable...a lot of the things I used to love to do, I couldn't do anymore or very well or comfortably as a fatty.

I've more or less maintained my loss for four years now...I usually put on about 8-10 Lbs over the winter and I'm always motivated to take it off in the spring because I like going to poolside BBQs in the summer and looking fit and lean...so mostly vanity these days.
  • BlueSkyShoal
    BlueSkyShoal Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    One of the "little" factors was seeing a parody of crazy magazine diets. ("I lost 20 pounds in a week on the Banana Diet!", that kind of thing.) Only this one was called the "Less Cake, More Exercise Diet".

http://viz.co.uk/less-cake-exercise-magazine/

It made me laugh, but it also made me think--damn, it's true though. I've lost 55 lbs on the L.C.M.E. diet, lol.
  • appleb0tt0ms
    appleb0tt0ms Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It just hit me I'm going to be 30 soon and I am not the best I can be. When making life improvements, I like to improve all aspects of me even physical. In addition to the fact that I cannot afford plastic surgery :D . I just can't wait to look like an instagram model selling flat tummy teas and waist trainers lol
  • nourhanehab7
    Options
    Wish you all success
  • StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Options
    I was overweight for a while without any desire to do anything to change. I had no health issues. I was not unhappy. Until I figured out how little energy I had, and how doing the slightest physical things wore me out. THAT got my attention and I made changes. Took me a long time to get it right, but at least my multiple attempts at weight loss made some progress...
  • nourhanehab7
    Options
    brookielaw wrote: »
    In 2012 I was nearly 400 lbs and I saw 12 friends and colleagues die of various causes. Other friends and colleagues would look at me and say things in a concerned tone that clearly meant they feared I'd be next. Everything hurt, all the time. I was pushing 40 and pushing 400 lbs. So I started to do something about it. So much, in fact, that by 2014 I was much closer to 200 lbs and checking items off my bucket list left and right. Then I got into a new relationship with my best friend (now husband), got the "new relationship weight" and best of all, got blessed with a pregnancy at 40 years old.

Unfortunately the pregnancy was not easy and I was frequently on bed rest. The only comfort left was food and I gained a lot of weight. Then my beautiful baby girl was born, and her mommy was over 300 lbs again. So there I was, responsible for a tiny human and did not really resemble the woman my now husband fell in love with. She kept getting bigger and more alert and started pulling herself up to stand and then started walking and I realized I'd have to keep up with her. And what kind of example is a Mom who sits on the couch and stuffs her face?

My daughter is my biggest motivation. I do it for her, because she needs a healthy and strong Mom. I do it to lead her by example, and it's working. I'm down to 164 lbs and we walk a family 5K every month where I push her in the stroller. I can't run due to osteoarthritis, but I also can't let that stop me from living the best life I can. Last week she participated in a kids 1K fun run and she's not even two years old. I'm less than half the woman I once was so I can be all the Mom she needs.
    you touch my heart ♥

• nourhanehab7
    Options
    Up
  • Aimscapes
    Aimscapes Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    My first reason might sound very stupid... first, I love travelling and doing all kinds of extreme sports.. my weight is not helping me do that and more importantly it is now allowing me to fit on a Ryanair seat comfortably

Secondly, I just wanna be able to go to the store and pick clothes without worrying whether they have any sizr available
  • saipriyaa97
    saipriyaa97 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have always been naturally slim but I gained 10kg during pregnancy and after having my daughter, I am left with flab!! Although my BMI is healthy, I don't feel it :( So I am motivated to lose weight for that beach body and to set a good healthy example to my little girl and partner. Hopefully my healthier lifestyle choices will encourage them to make better choices too :)
  • kschwitter1974
    kschwitter1974 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My kids, my husband, living longer, looking better, and improving my overall health.
  • InkAndApples
    InkAndApples Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Originally: Pure vanity.

I was tiny as a teenager but then recovered from my ED and piled on the weight (as an overcompensation mainly but also because eating "healthy" is one of my triggers so I went waaaaay too far in the "better safe than sorry" direction). I got to my biggest ever and sort of decided that was enough on one random day in January (it probably coincided with a shopping trip to buy work trousers and having 14s no longer fit me). I just wanted to be slimmer to look better.

Now I'm down to the smallest I've ever been while not suffering from my ED. I'm aiming for a normal BMI, probably out of sheer curiosity to see if I can do it. I told myself stories for years about my big frame and how it wasn't even possible for me to be that small because of heavy bones and other such reasons I now realise are *kitten*.
  • nourhanehab7
    Options
    Wish you all success and happiness ♥