I want to lose 9lb in four weeks anyone any tips

Options
13»

Replies

• ashleighroy7
    ashleighroy7 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Resistance training? Is that like weight training? I would rather cardio exercise or do u have to do both?
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    Resistance training? Is that like weight training?

That's one form of resistance training - bodyweight exercises (such as pushups, squats, lunges, etc) are another form.
    I would rather cardio exercise or do u have to do both?

You don't have to do both, but resistance training helps (more than just cardio) ensure as much of the weight you lose is fat, and not muscle and other lean mass.
  • ashleighroy7
    Options
    It's more my middle I would carry the most weight my stomach and hips would I be best with sit ups and and squats?
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options
    It's more my middle I would carry the most weight my stomach and hips would I be best with sit ups and and squats?

you cannot target where your fat is lost from
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,389 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Resistance training? Is that like weight training? I would rather cardio exercise or do u have to do both?

You can only do one, but you can't expect the results you want unless you are implementing the plan that would address your goals. And I can tell you, I know a lot of people who never get the body they want when all they did was cardio. I know a lot of people who got the body they wanted by doing both.
  • ashleighroy7
    Options
    Thank you I will look up some bodyweight exercises see what I find
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Thank you I will look up some bodyweight exercises see what I find

You Are Your Own Gym and Convict Conditioning are two good programs. I think fitness blender has some other options.
  • ashleighroy7
    Options
    Thanks I will have a look now
  • thatdesertgirl777
    thatdesertgirl777 Posts: 269 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I'd say if your 2164 tdee is accurate, go ahead and reduce 750 cals to make a 1.5/week loss, (eat about 1400 per day). But if you add exercise or tons of walking, eat back 50-75% of the calories burned (MFP tends to overestimate these amounts). This way you will lose steadily, preserve your muscle, and after you get adjusted you shouldn't experience too many hunger pangs if you are eating relatively healthy foods.

No OP wouldn't as TDEE already counts the activity.

That would be by NEAT.

I bolded the part where I referred to her eating back calories if she is adding activity that wasnt included in her TDEE estimate. For example, if she calculated her TDEE as sedentary, and then decided one day to start adding exercise, then she would eat back some of those calories. None of us know exactly how she determined her TDEE.

• cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Short term look at the Harcombe Diet and stick to it!!!

Lol. No.