Looking for nerdy friends

Options

Replies

• ca1v1n
    ca1v1n Posts: 30 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    TNG / Original Series. 4th Doctor. Episode I, II and III never happened. PC Gaming only (Turn-based Strategy). AD&D 1st Edition. Catan. Browncoat. Dumbledore's Army. Happily married, geek kids. Add if you want.
  • mikeleighb269
    mikeleighb269 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm interested
  • pinuplove
    pinuplove Posts: 12,874 Member
    Options
    ca1v1n wrote: »
    TNG / Original Series. 4th Doctor. Episode I, II and III never happened. PC Gaming only (Turn-based Strategy). AD&D 1st Edition. Catan. Browncoat. Dumbledore's Army. Happily married, geek kids. Add if you want.

Browncoats forever!
  • iamunicoon
    iamunicoon Posts: 839 Member
    Options
    Woooow, so many nerds. :#

My personal favourite nerd drugs are Marvel movies (Team Cap ), Harry Potter and video games (currently hooked on Stardew Valley and looking for the next game to play on the PS4). But I'm also still hooked on Gotham and crying over FFXV.

Feel free to add if you wanna.
  • GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    Yay, I found my people! I love going to conventions and things like celtic festivals. I like boardgames more so than video games because of the face to face interaction (multiplayer video games are also great). I religiously follow Dr. Who and am an alltime harry potter ravenclaw. I have made a D&D character and am looking for a group to play with, but my local game shop only plays pathfinder. I also like playing MtG, but since I don't want to spend all my money on it I usually lose x)

Because of my many interests I have tried several studies: Archaeology, creative media and games technology (the visual arts focus) and now biology with a focus on molecular and plants.

Lovely to meet you all!
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    Hey! Nerdy mom here raising her nerdy son up in proper geekdom.

I played 2nd edition D&D back in the day, (now playing 5th edition).
    Watched ALL Star Wars movies in the movie theater first.
    Heavy Walking Dead and Game of Thrones viewer (son is put to bed first)
    Harry Potter, of course.

Oh, and having fun with the running app, Zombies, Run! You might think I'm just out doing a workout, but I'm saving England in the apocalypse!
  • gatorento
    gatorento Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I have a microscope at home and study insects for a living - high enough on the nerd scale?

I used to have a lot of MFP friends, then was inactive for a couple of years and now have only a few pals left. Trying to lose 20 pounds, and could benefit from accountability to new pals!

Interesting group of folks on this thread - would enjoy joining!
  • afairfax47
    afairfax47 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I may not look like a nerd but pretty much every tshirt I own has some kind of gaming logo on it. Love old school Nintendo, Xbox, PlayStation computers games & don't think I'll ever grow out of them!! Add me:)
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I'm a comics nerd. Also a writer of fanfiction (Batman, Daredevil, and OUAT mostly).
  • GoldenEye_
    Options
    afairfax47 wrote: »
    I may not look like a nerd but pretty much every tshirt I own has some kind of gaming logo on it. Love old school Nintendo, Xbox, PlayStation computers games & don't think I'll ever grow out of them!! Add me:)

I think 'looking like a nerd' is a pretty outdated concept nowadays. Sure, there are some that still fit the bill, but the majority are just regular people that also like looking good and don't fit in that outdated prejudice. Just needed to say something about that.
  • afairfax47
    Options
    GoldenEye_ wrote: »

I think 'looking like a nerd' is a pretty outdated concept nowadays. Sure, there are some that still fit the bill, but the majority are just regular people that also like looking good and don't fit in that outdated prejudice. Just needed to say something about that.

No your comment wasn't necessary
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,538 Member
    Options
    So good to be surrounded by like minded people.
  • GoldenEye_
    Options

It was to me :)
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options

It often helps that it's the nerds that are often in charge anyway...
  • PackPariah
    PackPariah Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I think that I am more of a geek, love science, space, and mathematics. But I do have a premium crunchyroll account and have quit the collection of Green Lantern collectibles.
  • superman27344
    superman27344 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I think I might be a little on the nerdy spectrum. I love Star Trek and most SciFi, I collect Transformers, watch Doctor Who, and I am still pissed that Firefly got canceled after only one season. I have lost 30 pounds so far but I still have 99 left until I reach my goal of getting down to 200 pounds. I am married and have a 9 year old son whom I play Transformers with and take with me off-roading my K5 Blazer. I use the phone as well as the computer version while at work.
  • afairfax47
    Options

When I said "look like a nerd" I meant someone who looks like a gamer / dresses up in Pokemon rubber suits / has purple hair, a nose ring & knows every line in all the Star Wars movies...YOU are the one who assumed that there was a prejudice in a nerds appearance, not me. So I guess by jumping to that conclusion you should aim that little comment of yours to yourself
  • afairfax47
    Options

When I said "look like a nerd" I meant someone who looks like a gamer / dresses up in Pokemon rubber suits / has purple hair, a nose ring & knows every line in all the Star Wars movies...YOU are the one who assumed that there was a prejudice in a nerds appearance, not me. So I guess by jumping to that conclusion you should aim that little comment of yours to yourself
  • Elyrian12
    Elyrian12 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hey! I pretty nerdy (and proud of it!) I love Doctor Who, Sherlock, Supernatural, Star Trek, and loads more. I've never personally been to a convention but it is a dream to go one day when I can afford it.
  • GoldenEye_
    Options

"I may not look like a nerd but pretty much every tshirt I own has some kind of gaming logo on it." You do dress in 'nerd' fashion.

"knows every line in all the Star Wars movies" This has nothing to do with appearance.

"purple hair, a nose ring" Plenty of youngsters have this. This doesn't really relate to being a nerd.

All that's missing from that is the rubber suit. I'm just going to assume here then that you think nerds walk around in rubber suits in daily life. Cool, you totally made your point.