What exercise or fitness programs do y'all use?

Options
What programs work for each of you?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Hiking, biking and yoga for me.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    I'm head over heels in love with trail running, but weights are my side piece.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    I have mine programmed for me. Usually it's some sort of powerlifting DUP style training. Sometimes I'll run a hypertrophy block. Depends on current goals. No cardio.
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    P90X mostly, mountain bike on weekends when it's not pouring out.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Walking (will eventually start running again), weightlifting, dancing, and some calisthenics.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,195 Member
    Options
    Cycling whenever I can. Lots of walks throughout the day. Climbing stairs on breaks at the office. Some weightlifting. The occasional visit to the gym where I attend a spinning class or run on the treadmill and using the rowing machine. Hiking now and then. Canoeing once in a while. Swimming occasionally.

Just generally being active just about every day. :)
  • mrsstevenstrom
    mrsstevenstrom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm new to this.. on day two only. Last night I had so much fun with exercise, my 7 year old son "trained" me on the trampoline in our backyard. He had me doing all kinds of silly jumps and turns in reps of 30. I ended it with a short walk and lunges. Great way to spend time together, exercise and show him the importance of both! :)
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,853 Member
    Options
    Rowing on water is the main motivator: I usually row 4 days a week in season (we have Winter; my river gets crunchy). All year, 2 spin classes weekly. A little weight training, couple times a week right now, maybe more in off season. Off-season: Rowing machine, a little swimming, but less total volume. In season, random bike rides & walks on top of rowing.

But I'm a li'l ol' lady (61) and retired, which makes it easy to fit stuff in . . . though I did most of this, minus spin, plus aerobics, while working . . . .
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    Running and lifting
  • ROBOTFOOD
    ROBOTFOOD Posts: 5,527 Member
    Options
    531 Powerlifting app
  • mom2kateRH
    mom2kateRH Posts: 178 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I try and mix it up. Run 2-3 days, karate (my daughter made black belt, and I promised her I'd sign up when she made bb), strength training 2-3 days, hiking when I can, tennis once my elbow is healed. Fitness blender.com is a great site for free workouts that have strength, cardio, etc
  • MeanderingMammal
    MeanderingMammal Posts: 7,866 Member
    Options
    I'm on a 50 mile race plan at the moment.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    A mixture of cycling (indoor training and long distance rides outdoors) and strength training (mostly upper body).

A weird upper/lower, strength/cardio split if you like. :smiley:
  • GMPOTS
    GMPOTS Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Pool exercise, 60 to 90 mins of jogging, various pool exercises, to a exercise cd. It is fun and relaxing at same time. We try to do it at least 6 days at week at 9am. then we walk around a lake for about 1 mile at 7am or earlier. We live in Florida so it gets hot fast.
  • DanyellMcGinnis
    DanyellMcGinnis Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I mix it up. Early on I did a lot of Urban Rebounding but the calorie burn isn't quite what it used to be now that I am at maintenance. I do 30 minutes of kundalini yoga every day. Other than that...
    • Lots of MMA/kickboxing workouts with different instructors
    • Focus T25 and Insanity (not following the programs, just doing workouts a couple of times a week)
    • Kettlebell workouts with different instructors
    • Sometimes step aerobics if my knees are feeling up to it
    • And jogging on my treadmill if I want some more steps
    • Various other DVDs (e.g., The Firm) if the mood strikes
  • Decten1988
    Decten1988 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    weekly workout, biking or swimming every saturday.
  • snowyvalgesmowdon
    snowyvalgesmowdon Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Love my Peloton!!
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I alternate cardio and lifting. I love my Beachbody videos.
  • cj778449
    cj778449 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I do Strong Curves 3xs a week and Banish fat boost metabolism 4xs a week. Hikes on the weekend
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I alternate cardio and lifting. I love my Beachbody videos.

HipHop Abs and Brazillian Butt Lift for the win! Beachbody videos are so fun!