Things You Want To Do After Losing Weight

Options
If you're like me, you've made a comment saying something along the lines, "I'll have to do that when I lose enough weight..." or "Once I lose weight, I can enjoy that..." ... Well, I am on my weight loss journey and dedicated as ever and was wondering, what are some things you all have said those statements about?

For me, right away certain things come to mind, such as: going to a state fair and not having to worry, "Am I gonna fit in that ride or will I be too big and have to be turned away?" It's happened before. I have wanted to try ziplining. Keeping up with my active nephews. Go into an average clothes size store and not feel like I'm getting stared down like "what the heck are you doing in here?" I could go on and on.

Just curious other people's thoughts they've had wondering what things they would like to do when they get on or around their goal weight...

I can't wait until the days I can do whatever I want without having to hesitate because my weight is holding me back!

Replies

• Otrogen
    Otrogen Posts: 65
    Options
    You know, I've still got a long way to go with my weight loss (hoping to lose another 80 lbs on top of the 120 I've already lost) and at this point, my weight holds me back from almost nothing.

I don't think I'll be able to do things like 10k races or half-marathons at my current weight, so as I get smaller, targeting for more strenuous long-distance running is something I'd like to do. But as is, I do almost anything I put my mind to already! I run, I hike, I get dates, and I basically live my life the way I want to. I love it.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    Toughmudder. Zombie run. Bikini. Cliche "sexy ______" Halloween costume. Also a shopping spree at Express. I have a million tops from there and love the skirts and dresses, but the ones I like don't mesh well with fat rolls.
  • stevenleagle
    stevenleagle Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Eat. :)
  • maQmIgh
    maQmIgh Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I always wanted to wear a bikini
    im always saying "when, when, when" but am 32 and have still never worn one.

My when is in 4 weeks :D I have lost 21lbs, I still have 21lbs to lose... BUT i am a shape that I can just about pass a Bikini off.

In 4 weeks im on holiday in Florida.... and i WILL wear a bikini for the first time in my life
  • maQmIgh
    Options
    Eat. :)
    :drinker: Here Here:drinker: :laugh:
  • callas444
    callas444 Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Ride roller coasters,
    sit in any chair including the fold up kind and wicker,
    Take a trip on a plane
    wear a bathing suit without wanting to die
    Run and skip and do a cartwheel
    Sleep without fear of never waking
  • obeseandsassy
    Options
    threads like this make me sad. waiting until you're x lbs to allow yourself to do something is such a sad thought to me.

i'm fat and i do the things i want to do NOW. I want to wear a bikini? i wear one. i want to travel? i go.

this article is relevant: http://kateharding.net/2007/11/27/the-fantasy-of-being-thin/
  • Ivey05131980
    Ivey05131980 Posts: 1,118 Member
    Options
    Buy something in Victoria's Secret other than smell-goods

Have a skinny guy "want me"- don't judge :grumble:

Be able to fit in anything anywhere i.e. booths/rides

Not be paranoid at the beach/pool

SO MUCH MORE, but they are the first few that come to mind. :happy:
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I'm smaller now then I've ever been my entire life. I've always been over weight to morbidly obese. I'm now 5'1.5 at 119 lbs. I always said by this time I'd wear a bikini in public, but I won't. I'll show photos on here of my belly but that's different, I'm showing progress. To me now, it's more then just weight loss, now I gotta get my stomach how I want it.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    climb things.

mountains
    rocks

wear cool clothes.

still not work.

beach in bikinis

bend over in front of my friends husbands, but only those who did so in front of mine.

crazy bendy headstanding yoga.

one day out of the blue carry a man who just happens to be next to me in a totally inappropriate situation just because I can.

to show that women are strong and skinny is not weak.
  • maQmIgh
    Options
    threads like this make me sad. waiting until you're x lbs to allow yourself to do something is such a sad thought to me.

i'm fat and i do the things i want to do NOW. I want to wear a bikini? i wear one. i want to travel? i go.

this article is relevant: http://kateharding.net/2007/11/27/the-fantasy-of-being-thin/

I soooo envy you :) from your photos I would say you are a very bubbly and outgoing person. I have severe self confidence issues, so much so that I feel like id rather the ground opened and swallowed me whole rather than stand out in a crowd and be noticed :cry:
    My confidence is very low (I blame years of bullying from such a young age followed by a relationship where everything I did was wrong... I know I should just ignore them, but easier said than done).
    Im in a healthier place mentally as well as physically (thanks to the new relationship :love: ) but confidence is not quite there yet.
    I would give anything for your personality :happy: :drinker:
  • RubyLou25
    RubyLou25 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    join the army. Yep, that's my goal
  • XxYeaIrocxX
    XxYeaIrocxX Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I wanna rock a 2 piece!

and I want to wear what I want and be okay with it and not dress around my bad areas =(
  • aquarabbit
    aquarabbit Posts: 1,622 Member
    Options
    I'm spending the whole day at the beach and the whole night on the town!
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    I would like to try on a bikini and say - yes, that looks good. I doubt I will actually buy one cause at 52 after years of obesity, one pregnancy and a hysterectomy, I doubt I'll get the flat tummy, but I'm going to try.

Being able to sit on any chair without worrying it will crack

Feeling comfortable on an airplane ( I fit in the seat, and don't need the extension strap, but on some flights it's been a tad tight)

Going hiking again without feeling uncomfortable or getting all winded

Go horseback riding ( they have a weight limit)
  • irunoveru
    irunoveru Posts: 38
    Options
    I wore a 2 piece when I was bigger but now I am actually proud to wear one. I have worked hard to get where I am today...still improving. Confidence is beauty not body or looks.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    The same things I do now, like the farm work ,haying and gardening, but with more strength and stamina. I definitely notice a difference at 21 lbs. down, about 9 to go. My problems weren't about weight per se as I wasn't all that overweight, more about chronic pain and osteoarthritis in my feet and knees.
  • zoegator
    zoegator Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Toughmudder. Zombie run. Bikini. Cliche "sexy ______" Halloween costume. Also a shopping spree at Express. I have a million tops from there and love the skirts and dresses, but the ones I like don't mesh well with fat rolls.

LEGIT SAMESIES
  • adioschubs
    adioschubs Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Buy something in Victoria's Secret other than smell-goods

Have a skinny guy "want me"- don't judge :grumble:

Be able to fit in anything anywhere i.e. booths/rides

Not be paranoid at the beach/pool

SO MUCH MORE, but they are the first few that come to mind. :happy:

Second the VS comment! Only one bra has fit me from there. I fit in their panties, but I want super sexy lingerie and bras. :love:

I want to partake in some adult activities that require more flexibility. :blushing:

Buy more clothes overall. Go out to bars and actually look hot and dance without worrying about standing out.
  • BackToFree
    BackToFree Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    The things that I want to do when I lose weight are things that often have a weight/size limit. I want to skydive, go on a hot air balloon ride with my husband.