Things You Want To Do After Losing Weight

Options

Replies

• chelc1105
    chelc1105 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I want to be able to go to the swimming without feeling like a whale. (maybe a bathing suit? I havent worn one since i was like 10)
    I want to be arm candy for my husband :) (maybe wear a dress for him, heels? i haven't worn a dress for at least 8 years, other then my wedding)
    I want to go to a store and find clothes that actually fit.
    I want to have children :) (my goal is to be at a healthy weight before going into this)
  • smantha32
    smantha32 Posts: 6,990 Member
    Options
    It's happened before. I have wanted to try ziplining.

I don't feel like my weight is holding me back.. if I want to do something I go do it. In some cases though the weight makes it harder.

I went ziplining. (awesome by the way!) But it would have been more enjoyable if I hadn't had to lug my extra fat, (plus gear) halfway up the side of a mountain. lol

And I want to learn how to dive. I will probably start lessons soon, but I won't actually go and put on a wetsuit until I don't look like a beached seal. I can't even imagine how hard it might be to even get into one of those suckers. So I'm halfway holding myself back on that one. LOL
  • AJinBirmingham
    Options
    Suggestion: Make a list of all of them, and do the ones you can, RIGHT NOW (or get as close as you can.)

Victoria's secret may not have your size (YET) but you can still get yourself a new, super sexy get up, right now.

You can go out and look HOT right now.

Maybe that skinny guy who would want you is going to be at home watching "the game" with his buddies this weekend because you weren't out at the club last weekend where he could meet you.
  • Alinamariec
    Alinamariec Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    1. look good in a 2 piece
    2. make every guy that turned me down jealous
    3. shop :)
    4 finally participate in cancer relays
  • Nexus902
    Nexus902 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I want to go to Florida with my boyfriend and ware a bikini to the beach as well as get a few outfits that I can't ware at the moment
  • HeadsPoppingOutOfCups
    Options
    I set my big goal prize as taking horseback riding lessons. Right now I'm too heavy to do so. I also want to go on rides without being afraid of being told I'm too big. I've avoided many rides for that reason. Disneyland is good for large people but other places less so. I also want to go hot air ballooning and water skiing.
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Buy some new clothes,shorts,underwear,pants,etc & continue or maintain my diet & exercise. :)
  • ash190489
    ash190489 Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    Bikini!!!!!
  • jetlag
    jetlag Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    Learn to run again. My physio said never, but I'm stubborn.

If running still gives me SI problems at 160, then I'll give up on the idea, but I can't help thinking that losing 60 lbs will make a difference there.

I dunno, the thought of never doing a triathlon again just makes me want to cry.
  • JUDDDing
    JUDDDing Posts: 1,367 Member
    Options
    I want to go downhill skiing again.

18 years ago my brother and I took a road trip and skied every slope we could find around Jackson Hole.

I'd kind of written skiing off as something only fit people do.

Hopefully, by the time winter rolls around I'll be able to set this up.
  • rgugs13
    rgugs13 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    threads like this make me sad. waiting until you're x lbs to allow yourself to do something is such a sad thought to me.

i'm fat and i do the things i want to do NOW. I want to wear a bikini? i wear one. i want to travel? i go.

this article is relevant: http://kateharding.net/2007/11/27/the-fantasy-of-being-thin/

On one hand, I agree with you. I'm 40+ pounds overweight, but I've never let it stop me from traveling the world or doing activities like scuba diving or surfing. On the other hand, I've never worn a bikini (as an adult) because showing my flabby "never seen the sun" stomach terrifies me to no end. I'm using my desire to wear a bikini as motivation towards working out. I think that is more what this thread is about.

Rachel
  • hellokathy
    hellokathy Posts: 540 Member
    Options
    1. Get back into horseback riding
    2. Buy a really expensive, really gorgeous (designer) outfit
    3. Get a tattoo on my hip / belly / thigh
    4. Take a burlesque dancing course (don't know if I'll have the guts then...)
  • ruth3698
    ruth3698 Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    Wear a bikini for the first time in my life
    Take a family portrait and be happy about it
    Run a marathon
    Go visit family in Cali without them thinking or saying "holy crap she gained alot of weight"
    Wear short shorts and my old mini skirts
    Wear lingerie without feeling like a sausage stuffed in fishnet lol
    Take a pole dancing class and regular dancing classes
    Get a tattoo
  • alisonlynn1976
    alisonlynn1976 Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    This is kind of silly, but it motivates me: I have a profile on OkCupid, and right now I have my body type listed as curvy. I want to change it to average when I reach the normal BMI range and to fit when I reach my goal weight.

I'm also excited about being able to walk into any regular clothing store and being sure that they have my size, though this is pretty much true now, so I've reached that goal more or less.

I agree with the idea that people should not wait until they're thin to do fun stuff, unless their weight specifically prevents them from doing it now. Do fun stuff at every weight!
  • Symphony2010
    Symphony2010 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    - go to the mall. I can't walk that far and it's too hard for me to go shopping at places that don't have an electric cart.

- ride a bike. I don't fit on the bike seat right now.

- fit in restaurant booths.

- ride on roller coasters.

- shop at regular clothing stores.

- go ice skating.

- fit in a movie theatre seat with the armrests down.

- travel on an airplane.

There are so many more. Too many to list.
    I'm happy to say that I've already reached one of my goals! I can buckle car seat belts around my waist!
  • shezll
    shezll Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    To look stunning and wear average size clothes :wink:
  • smetka01
    smetka01 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Wear a bikini and feeling great in it! I haven't put one on for 4 years. Next summer I will. I promise :)
  • Carmella9
    Carmella9 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    continue to maintain my weight is what i want most!!
    I have promised myself and boyfriend that I will have an indian takeaway when i reach 9 st 7 ibs (havnt had one in nearly 1 year!) I have also given up chocolate so a tub of ben and jerrys wouldn’t go a miss!

Im also training for a half marathon so my aim is to complete it in under 2 hours which would be much helped if I am at my ideal weight!

BRING IT ON
  • RebekahR84
    RebekahR84 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    After I hit goal, I want to enjoy the beach without being paranoid that other people are wondering what the heck I think I'm doing in a swimsuit. Yeah, other people probably don't think that at all because no one typically cares, but it's a constant nagging thought of mine.
  • jennz81
    jennz81 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have a deal going with a friend of mine, that if I lost enough weight, I would get over my fear of roller coasters and ride a couple with him. :)