Women over 40 ..

Options

Replies

• shonat11
    shonat11 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    @nickiphillips1 . Thanks for that. I never think of smoothies but it's a great idea! A good way of getting some fruit and vegetables early. Thank you !
    In the end I managed to be pretty good today. We had a nice mixed salad for dinner and melon for dessert.
    Hope your day was/is good.
  • knoxy550
    knoxy550 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Can I be added too please. I am the same as Tulip9.
  • doglovingrunner
    doglovingrunner Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    45 here. i'm in better shape now than i was in my 30s but still have work to do. feel free to add me
  • marji1974
    marji1974 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I could use support and motivation. Starting back towards my healthier me journey. I was doing so good ( lost 65 pds) then slid back to my old ways last year. Gained close to half back. I am getting my motivation back to take baby steps and hold myself accountable. I can do this. I did it many times before and can do it again. I unfortunately am a emotional eater and just let things get out of control.
    So far 3 weeks in and it feels great to be active again.
  • colemanmelissa
    colemanmelissa Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Went out w friend to Taco Bell and ordered bean burrito and dorito taco. If I had just ordered 2 dorito tacos and no bean burrito I would have met my calorie goal! Ugh, it's the little things! And no sour cream. 370 + 30 + 170 vs 170 + 170 + 0! Ugh
  • Paulette0706
    Paulette0706 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Add me too please, starting again as I've been away from here for a while and the gym too
  • KayleYeah
    KayleYeah Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Add me too!
  • NneKK
    NneKK Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I just downloaded the app and I need all the motivation and support I can get. Can't figure out how to add anyone :/
  • Tulip9
    Tulip9 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Went out w friend to Taco Bell and ordered bean burrito and dorito taco. If I had just ordered 2 dorito tacos and no bean burrito I would have met my calorie goal! Ugh, it's the little things! And no sour cream. 370 + 30 + 170 vs 170 + 170 + 0! Ugh

I get Taco Bell too sometimes. Some items they make "fresco style". They leave off the cheese and add pick de gallo tomato and onion. I think it's still pretty good, and easier to keep my calories down.
  • wanderinglight
    wanderinglight Posts: 1,519 Member
    Options
    Please add me! Age 46, feeling like CICO is not working for me but trying not to lose heart.
  • Roobyzooby
    Roobyzooby Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Have connected with quite a few ladies so far in this chat, it is great to have the support and accountability from you all. Anyone I have missed, feel free to add me :)
  • Sunshine6909
    Sunshine6909 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Was a cold, wet day here so couldn't get my walk in today. Made use of our Nintendo Wii instead doing 20 mins of yoga, 20 mins of step & a couple of minutes doing hula hoop just for fun! :-)
  • mmeryajones
    mmeryajones Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Could use some support! Week two has me a little frustrated! I ate well and exercised yet the scale didn't move. I don't want to give up... but I'm disappointed! 1200 calories per day and daily exercise is the route I'm going. I was hoping to lose a pound or two a week. I'm getting married in October. I'm new here and don't know how to add friends or anything.
  • colemanmelissa
    colemanmelissa Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    @Tulip9 and I love pico de gallo
  • shonat11
    shonat11 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    @mmeryajones I think it takes awhile for weight to go down when you start exercising (due to muscle being heavier than fat) but it should kick in soon. Good luck
  • cj94404
    cj94404 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Could use some support! Week two has me a little frustrated! I ate well and exercised yet the scale didn't move. I don't want to give up... but I'm disappointed! 1200 calories per day and daily exercise is the route I'm going. I was hoping to lose a pound or two a week. I'm getting married in October. I'm new here and don't know how to add friends or anything.

Try measuring key areas--waist, hips. You will see a change there with the new muscle.
  • Sunshine6909
    Sunshine6909 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Could use some support! Week two has me a little frustrated! I ate well and exercised yet the scale didn't move. I don't want to give up... but I'm disappointed!

I had a weird start too but it does get better! Just hang in there! :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)
  • pwabs68
    pwabs68 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I am determined to do this and I really need support. I'm looking for friends to help motivate and support during this journey. I have such a hard time losing weight, but I'm tired of feeling like this and it's out of hand. Thanks