When is it best to start a diet?

Options
2»

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    As an 18-year-old male, you should be eating a lot more than 1400 calories.

Also you can switch to diet soda.
  • Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Diet? Never

Eating responsibly and maintaining a calorie deficit? Right now

There will always be excuses and they will get you nowhere. Making responsible decisions one day at a time will improve your health and allow you to accomplish your goals.
  • ruqayyahsmum
    ruqayyahsmum Posts: 1,514 Member
    Options
    When your ready

Theres always going to be stressful situations. Comes part and parcel of being an adult im afraid

If you really dont want to start until after exams then start logging everything now so you have a clear idea of what your eating now

Take some walks increasing in time/speed. Helps condition you so high intensity exercise wont be quite as much of a shock and it clears the head

Start swapping out your high sugar soda bit by bit

Summers a great time to lose weight as is autunm, winter and spring
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    As others have said, right now. That doesn't mean you have to do everything all at once. In fact, you'll probably be more successful if you make a small change or two today, another few next week, and so on.

Baby steps!
  • 150poundsofme
    150poundsofme Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    The best time to start a diet? When January 1 falls on a Monday.
    Diet soda like many mentioned above. Sometimes you do need to psyche yourself up. Good luck on your exams and hugs
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    I would say, "Today".

But here's some caveats: I think there are some times that it isn't easy to do and maybe it's OK to wait.

There are some times in life when making a change might be a little too much to fully focus on and follow through. Sometimes just waiting a few weeks will allow for better centering, calmness, or focus. Dieting when you can't fully follow through may be setting up for failure.

1. Exams in a high-pressure environment. You're busy studying and such, and maybe you'll be in a calmer and more focused place in just a week or two.
    2. Starting a new school or job: It takes time to adjust to a new environment, and while it *might* be a good time to start afresh with new habits, on the other hand it may be one too many balls to juggle right now.
    3. High Psychological Stress: Your mother died, you lost your job, you are going through a painful divorce, you are having issues with your PTSD... again, for some people having a goal is focusing, but for others, it's too much right now.

• Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    "When is it best to start a diet?"

Right now.
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Start now, but not a diet...a lifestyle change.

You'll be glad you did.
  • nissarayna
    nissarayna Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Now. Not later, there will always be a reason or excuse to put it off. I had planned to go on a diet, the month after I actually did, I dove straight in and just did what need to be done to start looking, feeling and actually being healthier.