Replies

• NLP6618
    NLP6618 Posts: 6,201 Member
    Options
    Flirting is healthy
  • melissawill2017
    melissawill2017 Posts: 1,131 Member
    Options
    I think there is such a broad spectrum of flirting that the answer isn't so black and white. It depends on the history between the 2 parties (if any), feelings developing (if any), and what is actually being said. Flirting can be harmless, but it can also advance quickly. Example: Commented that a guy looked nice, great transformation.. and the next thing I know. .a dic pic... NO, NO, NO.. not appropriate... You have crossed the boundary of causal flirting to creeper in about 3 seconds...
  • Kintsugi_Haikyo
    Kintsugi_Haikyo Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    STLBADGIRL wrote: »
    I've been told that I am flirty, but I think I am being friendly.

For instance a guy that I worked with came to work with a really nice hair cut. I told him his hair cut was nice and touched his hair while I said it was a nice hair cut. I was told that was flirty. I disagreed. I would do the same to a woman if they came in with a nice hair cut. I probably invaded the persons space, but I do not consider that flirting.

Oh yes, if you touch someone while you compliment them, that is flirting for sure. This is usually a sign that someone likes you.
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    Options
    STLBADGIRL wrote: »
    I've been told that I am flirty, but I think I am being friendly.

For instance a guy that I worked with came to work with a really nice hair cut. I told him his hair cut was nice and touched his hair while I said it was a nice hair cut. I was told that was flirty. I disagreed. I would do the same to a woman if they came in with a nice hair cut. I probably invaded the persons space, but I do not consider that flirting.

Oh yes, if you touch someone while you compliment them, that is flirting for sure. This is usually a sign that someone likes you.

I think that depends on the person & the level of association between the two. There's a woman in my VW group that is that way with everyone. She likes to hug, makes eye contact with the guys when she does, touches arms, shoulders, etc. But she's not flirting, just her nature. She'll also grab a sawzall & a beer & cut a scrap car into pieces with us or toss back beers all day with us as well. Half the time her husband is with her too. It's a very subjective perspective. No two situations are the same.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Funny, I was thinking about this and I would probably flirt less if I were single because then I could actually follow through with it, and I am just not as suave as the safety of being married allows me to be online. So it truly is a bit of flirting now and then with a definite limit in place. Now that said, I ain't innocent and I have crossed the line a few times, and I just made sure I stopped. The worst time I had it out with the wife about it and cleared that up quick.

It is a really tricky balancing act of fun and disrespectful....
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    So I was wondering for the flirty people who are in relationships whether they are the same level of flirty in front of their SO as they are when they are not around? Or if they talk in their relationship about the people they are flirty with.

I used to have a customer at my work who was super flirty with me. Then one day he showed up with his SO (he was not flirty that day), and the guy (SO) was staring at me with dagger eyes...He just stood there scowling at me. Clearly he knew of me. I felt like I had done something wrong, it was really awkward.
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Options
    I don't think flirting is always "cheating," but it can be. I figure the line is drawn when you wouldn't want your SO to know what you're doing. If it's all on the up and up and your SO feels okay about it, then you're good. If you feel like you need to keep it from your SO or try to minimize it, then you're not - I don't know if it's "cheating" but it's not okay.

• Deadman_Diggingup
    Deadman_Diggingup Posts: 3,082 Member
    Options
    I don't flirt (at least I don't think I do). I know how I would feel if my wife was flirting with someone, so I would never do that to her. Mind you, I'm a pretty insecure fella. I don't necessarily believe that light flirting is that horrible of an act, and if it is fine for both you and your SO, then by all means carry on. No judgement. Just not for me.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    If the flirting includes someone having an orgasm, I would say yes

If your SO doesn't know about it
  • JLAJ81
    JLAJ81 Posts: 2,477 Member
    Options
    Is flirting considered cheating?

No so come here and flirt with your hands
  • aprillperry84
    aprillperry84 Posts: 29 Member