Replies

• williamwj2017
    williamwj2017 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Bout to get in on that prancersise
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    t'ai chi. i've tried so many times but my body just doesn't know which foot is which when combined with my hands.
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    :D great thread.

Anyways even my most hated exercises (yoga I'm talking about you), they have their benefits. But damn is it so boring.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    Weight lifting: because I never stick with it long enough to change my body. It's boring and I'm lazy.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Tug Toner.

(Google it)
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Tug Toner.

(Google it)

Ruh roh. You don't even want to know what I'm think that is. I'm at work and afraid to google it.
  • CipherZero
    CipherZero Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    • Anything with "as seen on TV" on the box.
    • Bowflex anythings.
    • Smith machines
    • Following the crossfit WODs
    • Tai Chi (except for the absolutely sedentary)
    • Kinesotape
    • Cupping
    • E-stim devices (except as pain management)
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    Angall08 wrote: »
    What exercise do you think is pointless or does little change to your body??

Any exercise which is not challenging any muscle to "do more" or your brain to "do more" can be pointless in doing little to change your body. Even free weights, used ineffectively, are almost pointless, although better than nothing at all.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    missh1967 wrote: »
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    Tug Toner.

(Google it)

Ruh roh. You don't even want to know what I'm think that is. I'm at work and afraid to google it.

You're exactly right... It was a SNL or MadTV Sketch based on a variant of the shakeweight
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    My mother years ago had a pully set tied to a doorknob. The rope went from your wrist to the pulley and back to your ankle. You would move your arm to raise your leg and vise versa.
  • leahisnotmyname
    leahisnotmyname Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    phrobbert wrote: »
    "You sound like an informercial. But not a good one, like 'Slap Chop', more... 'Shake Weight'-y" - Deadpool :D

I always wanted a Slap Chop
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    phrobbert wrote: »
    "You sound like an informercial. But not a good one, like 'Slap Chop', more... 'Shake Weight'-y" - Deadpool :D

I always wanted a Slap Chop

Same!
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »
    My mother years ago had a pully set tied to a doorknob. The rope went from your wrist to the pulley and back to your ankle. You would move your arm to raise your leg and vise versa.

I think my grandmother had that!
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    rsclause wrote: »

that sounds great, actually. but it sounds great because the last time i went for a massage/bodywork, i was introduced to the incredible nirvana of 'joint distraction'.

it made me wish i was stinking rich so i could pay someone to just follow me around and gently yank on most of my joints five or six times a day.

• canadianlbs
    Options
    1473112227574.jpg

. . . oh. yeah. my security software won't let me see whatever that was, but i just re-parsed that last post in my own head and i think i can guess.

does it say 'that's what he said?' because if it doesn't i'll be disappointed.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    slide4-400x400_0.jpg

top-10-weird-and-unusual-fitness-gadgets-L-BUHc99.jpeg

top-10-weird-and-unusual-fitness-gadgets-L-B5yjMZ.jpeg

top-10-weird-and-unusual-fitness-gadgets-L-QEv0mo.jpeg

Energetic-equipments-vibration-exercise-machine-from-Eilison.jpg

Fat-Belt-4.jpg
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    aqdatmskn750.png

I think you have to wear the full 1980s spandex exercise gear to get the right effect.