1wk after my tummy-tuck after 257lbs lost...

Options
13»

Replies

• iecreamheadaches
    iecreamheadaches Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    glad to hear all went well and you are doing good! Such a huge success.
  • RobinsEgg
    RobinsEgg Posts: 3,702 Member
    Options
    Congrats - you are an inspiration! Hope your recovery continues going well. Remember to keep your same attitudes as you go on maintenance diet. I have alternated between maintenance and dieting and its only about 500 cal. for me! Not much difference - surprisingly little!

I LOVE a good success story. Can't wait to see your pictures!
  • Bootjockey
    Bootjockey Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

It sounds like you've got a plan and are putting it in motion! Go for it, I say!!!

The drains are inconvenient and uncomfortable, but don't last for long. And yes, they hurt coming out. But it's a quick-sharp fast pain that passes quickly. Under no circumstances would I say you should worry about that if this is something you want to do. It hurts less than stubbing your bare toe (badly), and the rewards are so much better!

I'm doing well and healing quickly! I'm doing exactly what my doc told me, so I can heal without causing any injuries.

Good luck! Stay in touch, I'd love to know how you're doing!

-David / BootJockey
    -257lbs
  • Bootjockey
    Options
    LunarBeanie!

I agree, it is incredible! I can hardly believe it myself! :-)

Keep on rockin!!!

-David / BootJockey
    -257lbs
  • Bootjockey
    Options
    Thank-you, BKelly!

Of course, I wish I had never let myself go so far, but, that's okay, I will fix this!!!

Have a rockin' day!

-David / BootJockey
    -257 pounds
  • Bootjockey
    Options
    Haha! I just saw your follow-up message!

I don't know how long it would be before you could swim...it's likely to be a month, would be my guess, and it would likely depend on how hard you do your swimming...but, for example, I'm not going to be able (allowed) to lift anything over 10lbs for three months. So it wouldn't surprise me if it was that long either. But I wouldn't let that discourage you!

-David / BootJockey
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options
    Do you know how long it is before a person is able to swim after the surgery? I want to get it done when I am finished losing and have been in maintenance, but I am a swimmer and just wonder what the time frame is.

It would suck to come unstitched in the water.

By the way, great loss and a great FB page, I "liked" it.

Congrats OP on your weight loss and surgery.... I am 9 months post op from a circumferential body lift (removed 17 pounds of skin)

I had four drains in for alittle over 3 weeks before they was removed.... I had no outer stitches, the outer layer of skin was super glued but all that had to be completely healed (It still scabs over) before I was able to return to the pool. (I am a lap swimmer). I was able to start light exercise about week 8-9 (walking was about it) but it was closer to week 12 before I got back in the pool (and that was just hanging on a noodle and lightly working my legs) but my ab repair was extensive so I did not start swimming laps again til about the 5 month post op mark...
  • Bootjockey
    Options
    Hi Robin!

Thanks, I sure will! It's hard to imagine that overeating only 100 calories a day, every day, you will gain 10lbs in one short year. Yipes.

Have a rockin' day!

-David / BootJockey
  • Bootjockey
    Options
    That's GREAT information, Ed!!! Thank-you SO much for sharing that!

I bet you were so happy to have those drains out! I know I was...I got my first of three drains out after five days, and the remaining two out at nine days. I can't imagine handling on to those things for three weeks...I loathed those. Worse than the surgery itself!

Congratulations on our AWESOME success!!!

-David / BootJockey
    -257lbs
  • Bootjockey
    Options
    Thank-you, AprilLuLu!!! It's been a long time, but, I'm very happy to be here!

-David / BootJockey
  • Bootjockey
    Options
    Thank-you, Tia!!! I wish you the best too!!!

I see you have been amazingly successful too!!! Congratulations on your achievement!!!

Have a rockin' day!!!

-David / BootJockey
    -257 pounds
  • MyJourney1960
    MyJourney1960 Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    wow! wow wow wow! congrats on that amazing loss and glad you are feeling ok after surgery.

I am on my journey to lose ~80 lbs (I'll figure out the exact number when I get there), which is overwhelming, and i can't imagaine having to lose 250 - that takes amazing dedication and comittment.
  • Bootjockey
    Options
    Hi there!

It's true, it does take that. But it takes that for 80lbs, or 30lbs, or 10lbs. :-) It just takes more time, that's all. The process is the same!

Congratulations to you on your loss so far, and on having a goal!!! Keep up the great work, be persistant, and never give up! Giving up just means you have to start over again, and why do that, right? :-)

Have a rockin' day!!!

-David / BootJockey
    -257 pounds