tips on losing weight quick plz

Options
124»

Replies

• ILiftHeavyAcrylics
    ILiftHeavyAcrylics Posts: 27,732 Member
    Options

Another huge diet rule is this - don't snack after 9pm! Your metabolism is slowed down dirastically at night especially after 9pm, so any calories, fat, and sugar you intake late at night is pretty much stored as fat. Bad news bears all around. Try to walk around the house or drink a glass of water next time your getting the late night munchies! Your body will thank you for it. You will feel less gross in the morning too!

This is wrong. You can eat whenever you want. There is no cut off time to stop eating.

I agree, that is just wrong on so many levels

This could be true for some people, I think it depends on how the persons body works and what time they go to sleep and ect. That's another thing to remember about weight loss, every single person is different. I can eat ice cream at 2 and still lose weight but other people hold onto it. OP: just stay simple and you will learn what your body can handle. There's no need for insane rules or fad diets.

Barring medical conditions, everyone's body works pretty much the same.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/you-are-not-different.html
  • Sizethree4Ever
    Sizethree4Ever Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    A ketogenic diet is certainly not something that something someone should just dive into. It takes a lot of thought, and I would certainly recommend medical clearance. If you have diabetes, a ketogenic diet could be fatal.

I'm doing a short, 4 week, cyclical ketogenic diet right now. It is, and has been for a long time, a staple of natural bodybuilders. Yes, it does cut fat if done properly. But planning, and a lot of it, is key. I've sort of taken it to an extreme. I've gotten my carbs down since Sunday to under 10 a day. The body really doesn't have much choice but to burn fat since it has no glycogen. And I'm still under my daily TDEE target by 15-20% on average, even including the recarb days.

The definitive book on ketogenic diets and all its permutations is called, surprisingly enough, "The Ketogenic Diet" by Lyle McDonald. I would recommend it to everyone because of Chapter 8 alone. Chapter 8 has nothing to do with the Ketogenic diet. It's all about setting calorie targets and what the science says about it. The dangers of going too low. The best presentation on the subject I have read. The rest of the book really is pretty much useful only to those doing a keto diet in some form.

Honestly, I'm loving this cyclical keto diet. But know it was only a short-term kick to change things up, to help to cut some of the fat, and will be back to my regular program in a few weeks.

Coming off a keto diet certainly doesn't cause weight gain unless you don't know what you are doing. As people who are opposed to have said: calories in - calories out. So if you come off keto and keep the calories in line, you['ll be fine.

Again, I would hardly recommend keto for everyone, and especially an 18 year old. Let them read about it and learn and decide on their own. The keto diet is certainly not for everyone. And you should talk with your doctor to make sure it is okay for you if you are considering it. But it is just another option. It isn't a magic bullet. Because there are no magic bullets.

Bump- to read it later.
  • JulesAlloggio
    JulesAlloggio Posts: 480 Member
    Options
    I'm really desperate to lose about 25lbs which seems like nothing to wat some people are doing on here like losing 60 lbs and stuff like that's amazing! So I was wondering how u do it any tips hints anything im realy desperate cuz I feel like I'm getting Fatter uncomfortable and unconfident. So I try to eat healthy and I don't excersice alot but I will when school starts cuz I might join tennis so plz help! And thank u very much :) and great job to everyone!

You can't lose weight quick.. if you do, you will most likely put it back on. Weight loss is a slow progress..best to take it slow and keep it off. eating healthy and exercising go together like peanut butter and jelly.. (you can't have one without the other) so my advice...stop telling yourself you are fat and do something about it. I think joining tennis would be perfect..at least you'd be getting SOME sort of exercise

Best of luck to you
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    18, really?
  • Ribbon35
    Ribbon35 Posts: 12
    Options
    Very interesting....
  • jeffpettis
    jeffpettis Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    DISREGARD all this BS !!! weight loss takes time , if you want to drop 25+ pounds in a month get LIPO not to be harsh . Eat at a deficit , get in a healthy amount of calories and drop weight steady every week at a healthy rate .

THIS ^^^^^^^^

Don't make it harder than it is. Any diet, or lifestyle change, or anything else that causes you to lose weight dose so by creating a calorie deficit. Don't worry about meal timing or "avoiding these 5 foods for weight loss" or any of the other multitude of things that don't matter. If you want to eat all of your calories at one sitting at 2AM it doesn't matter. Do what works best for you. Not what works for everyone else. As long as you are in a deficit you will lose weight.
  • vbarcok
    vbarcok Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Quick loss, quick gain. Journal, set a calorie goal, exercise, drink lots of water, fruits and vegetables, lean meats, avoid empty calories (foods that have no nutritional value).
  • CyberEd312
    CyberEd312 Posts: 3,536 Member
    Options

Another huge diet rule is this - don't snack after 9pm! Your metabolism is slowed down dirastically at night especially after 9pm, so any calories, fat, and sugar you intake late at night is pretty much stored as fat. Bad news bears all around. Try to walk around the house or drink a glass of water next time your getting the late night munchies! Your body will thank you for it. You will feel less gross in the morning too!

Meal Frequency as no bearing what so ever on weight loss... If you choose to eat All your Calories in bed each night, it will not hinder your ability to lose weight as long as you are in a caloric deficit.... I go to bed each night with no less than a 500 calories snack and have managed to lose a few pounds.... OP this isn't a race, it is a marathon... Slow and steady will win the race.... Best of Luck
  • tmm_0127
    tmm_0127 Posts: 545 Member
    Options
    Eat healthier, workout more.

You should try getting in shape before you start tennis when school is in. And no matter what grade you're in or if you're in college already, school starts in like what... 4-5 weeks? You can't lose 25 pounds that quickly. Or rather, you should never attempt it. Get in as good of shape as you can now, and when you start tennis it should really help get the rest off.
  • PippiNe
    PippiNe Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    When I started MyFitnessPal on May 31, My mini-goal was to lose 12 lbs by the day I left on vacation for the beach July 7). I did it by eating 1200 calories/day and doing Jillian Michaels workout DVD (25 minute workout) once a day most days of the week. For me, this was "quick" weight loss. Even though I did not lose all 28 pounds that I eventually want to lose, I looked and felt so much better about myself by our vacation. You won't be able to lose all the weight you want before school, but if you start eating a deficit of calories and doing some sort of exercise, you will lose SOME weight by the start of school. And you will feel better about yourself! I highly recommend the Jillian Micheals 30 Day Shred DVD - its cheap ($10 at Walmart), super-effective and takes very little time (25 minutes/day). All you need is a set of hand weights (5 lbs) and you're ready to work out! Good luck to you!
  • dinawassup
    Options
    18, really?
    What?