FIDGET SPINNERS

princess0lexi
princess0lexi Posts: 3,938 Member
do you have one or more? what do you think of them? i have two and they are a lot of fun and i am getting a batman shaped one. bhib99z51ptb.jpg
8xr7da6qshkx.jpg
txln1dy03oth.jpg
54fb1y486f2b.jpg

Replies

• BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member

i'm addicted, but only have one. i need more.
  • princess0lexi
    i'm addicted, but only have one. i need more.

same, i am going to most likely have atleast 10 or more by the end of the year.
    I confiscated one of these at work about a month ago, like the *kitten* I am.

I obviously tried it out, all it did was spin. What am I missing?

thats how it works you spin it and watch it and repeat.
  • MrStabbems
    MrStabbems Posts: 3,110 Member

Thank you very much!

I asked my sister in law what these things do as they have 3 kids. It spins. That's it.

Apparently is a sensory toy for children with sensory issues etc but its been taken up by all the other kids.
  • princess0lexi
    Whatever happened to marbles?

j8vqc0aifykl.jpg
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    I find them annoying AF but that's just me. My kids on the other hand own at least 3 each. Drives me crazy but it puts a smile on their face. Plus, my oldest suffers from anxiety and she says this helps her out.
  • angelxsss
    angelxsss Posts: 2,402 Member
    Omg I love all videos of dogs with fidget spinners
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    My kid wants one. They kind of drive me crazy, but I told her she couldn't have one until school got out for the summer. She would try to take it to school & it would be more of a distraction than anything, but I have nothing against them. I know they are beneficial for people that have a ton of nervous energy or even nervous ticks. They are great for some autistic kids to help them focus. I guess I should get her one now that school is actually out. I see a lot of crusty old whiners like me complaining about them, but nearly every generation has had their own equivalent of the fidget spinner back in the day.
    Kaleidoscopes, Tops, Yo-yos, Gyro-Wheel/Whirly wheel, etc, all essentially served the same purpose for different generations.

i807yasytpad.jpg
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    I'm a fidgety person and often can have difficulty focusing...I have a fidget cube which helps with that...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1Y6f4N4k_X9HgKjVbu4lVpJroI125QaeSzesGYLW7os0fXTiF

I like it better than the spinner. It's not as cool and fashionable, but whatever...I have it for functionality. My kids both have spinner...they don't do much for me.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Haha! I got one from a coworker for my son and I STILL have it a month later at work where I use it! I bought my son his own! I love it!
  • michael1976_ca
    michael1976_ca Posts: 3,488 Member

that's me I haven't seen one my self. I have seen other people talk about them.. i'm still not sure what you use them for
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I'm a fidgety person and often can have difficulty focusing...I have a fidget cube which helps with that...

I want one of those for my wife! She is a musician & is always nervously tapping her foot. She even does this in her sleep...
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    We have one. For my son. He has ADHD. They help him focus in class. But now that everyone and their mom has bought one the teacher removed them from the class and he's having trouble focusing again.

Yeah, I think it's kind of unfortunate that they became a fad toy...
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,841 Member
    My son has had one for years and never had a problem being able to use it in class to help with his focus. This last year though they became a toy for all the kids and now my son can't even use his, unfortunately.
  • cuckoo_jenibeth
    cuckoo_jenibeth Posts: 1,434 Member
    We have one. For my son. He has ADHD. They help him focus in class. But now that everyone and their mom has bought one the teacher removed them from the class and he's having trouble focusing again.
    If your son has diagnosed ADHD, have the spinner and/or fidget cube added to his 504 plan...If this truly enhances his ability to focus & succeed, his teachers will be on board!