Volume Eaters Thread

Replies

• GottaBurnEmAll
    GottaBurnEmAll Posts: 7,722 Member
    I just tested the carton egg whites. They did whip, BUT... they didn't get quite as stiff as regular egg whites would.
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    Would xanthan gum help thicken/stiffen? I really have no clue..just a thought.
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    Can I️ use any any flavor of protein?
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    Famof72015 wrote: »
    Can I️ use any any flavor of protein?

if your askign about the angel food cake any flavor of whey protein works
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    I just tested the carton egg whites. They did whip, BUT... they didn't get quite as stiff as regular egg whites would.

I tried this tonight too with Egglands Best 100% egg whites. Same thing, it didn’t get as stiff and the cake was more flat and eggy. I did NOT let them sit to room temperature if that makes any difference.
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    nowine4me wrote: »
    aw36pybce10c.jpeg
    This isn’t the sexiest supper, but I really didn’t want to to the grocery store.

One spaghetti squash topped with 2 TVs marinara and sautéed mushrooms and garlic. Yummy and filling.

I have all the ingredients for this on hand. This just might be dinner for me tomorrow night because it looks so tasty.
  • JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited November 2017
    Im making up some more of the protein cake lemon muffins from earlier, But im also going to try some itty bitty baby muffins i can eat tonight :D Im hoping i can freeze the big ones overnight toss in my work bag and theyll last a few hours atleast. I mean i know they are eggs and it wont be good for them for to long but surely being frozen to start will make them alright from like 7-12/1ish atleast. Im sure iv had worse. See what the texture is like when frozen and thawed. i know they dont microwave well. Curious lol.

edit: above, Garlic and mushrooms are so classic and amazing why have i forgotten that combo for a while now. Need to pick up some mushrooms lol
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfVJfxfOyIM

This looks good & is from the same Youtube channel that posted the Angel Food Cake
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    rcros06h8miw.jpeg
    This is ridiculous!

Okay I need to try this omg
  • Noreenmarie1234
    rcros06h8miw.jpeg
    This is ridiculous!

That looks awesome! Once I get through a lot of my junk food seasonal treats I'll have to make this!

Keep the low calorie dessert/volume eating desserts coming!

Do any of you guys know if I can use non whey protein? How does it taste?
  • GottaBurnEmAll
    I don't know what I did wrong. I didn't really like the angel food cake all that much. Maybe I put in too much extract. Or maybe it's just not my thing. I used to love angel food cake, but this just didn't do it for me.

I mean, it was okay. It just wasn't worth the trouble of making it again.
  • Famof72015
    Famof72015 Posts: 393 Member
    crazyravr wrote: »
    I don't know what I did wrong. I didn't really like the angel food cake all that much. Maybe I put in too much extract. Or maybe it's just not my thing. I used to love angel food cake, but this just didn't do it for me.

I will whip this up tonight. I will report back for share my findings. I am not expecting this to be the real thing at all, I mean its not a "cake", but I do expect it to at least look like a cake, have a cake consistency and taste good. The last bit very very important to me.

Otherwise I am back to making weekly cheesecake and donuts.

Recipe on cheesecake please?

• purplefizzy
    purplefizzy Posts: 594 Member
    @crazyravr I second the request, but for donuts.
    I'm already in a hardcore relationship with your cheesecake.
    @Famof72015 - there is a crazyravr cheesecake thread in the recipes forum. Be warned, its full of drool-worthy pics...
  • singingflutelady
    singingflutelady Posts: 8,736 Member
    So jealous. I'm naturally an OMAD volume eater but i was just diagnosed with severe gastroparesis so i gave to eat 5-6 small meals a day
  • Noreenmarie1234
    No one knows ??
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,200 Member
    Famof72015 wrote: »
    crazyravr wrote: »

I will whip this up tonight. I will report back for share my findings. I am not expecting this to be the real thing at all, I mean its not a "cake", but I do expect it to at least look like a cake, have a cake consistency and taste good. The last bit very very important to me.

Otherwise I am back to making weekly cheesecake and donuts.

Recipe on cheesecake please?

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10500016/low-calorie-protein-cheesecake#latest
  • kelly_c_77
    kelly_c_77 Posts: 5,658 Member
    @Noreenmarie1234, I am not sure. I used Quest both times I made it. Maybe someone else can help.