C25K!!!!!

Options
Mahdi22
Mahdi22 Posts: 229 Member
Hey everyone, I'm currently on Week 1 of the C25K program. If you don't know what it is, it's an app you can download that basically trains you to run 5Km in 2 months I think lol.

Anyways, is anyone else doing it rn?

Replies

• sarahthes
    sarahthes Posts: 3,252 Member
    Options
    I started yesterday. Week 1 run 2 tomorrow.
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I did Week 2 Day 2 today! 2.1 was tough but today was no sweat!
  • laurajeanholly
    laurajeanholly Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just did Week 2 Day 1 today. So far so good! I have never been a runner, so the idea of working towards being able to run 5K is pretty exciting right now.
  • Mahdi22
    Options
    I did Week 1 Day 2 yesterday right after my 1 hour workout and I'm sooooo sore.
  • smal48
    smal48 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I completed it last month! I love it - it's changed my life!
    Congrats on starting it, and enjoy it! :)
  • TheGaudyMagpie
    TheGaudyMagpie Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I finished it on Wednesday. Although I wasn't able to do a 5K in the time provided by the app, I did an actual 5K in week 8 and I was able to run the entire race. I'm going to start a 5K to 10K program next week. It's a great program.
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    W5D3 for me today.
  • thetrishwarp
    thetrishwarp Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Today was Week 2 Day 2 for me! I've run 5km nonstop precisely once in my life and I'm super amped to train to make it a regular thing!!
  • vnb_208
    vnb_208 Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    W3D2!
  • jilleebee77
    jilleebee77 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 3! I feel I am doing MUCH better than I thought I would be at this point! I will be repeating week 3 though, started it with a friend and she missed this week due to unforeseen circumstances. Either way we are KILLING it!!
  • Mahdi22
    Options
    smal48 wrote: »
    I completed it last month! I love it - it's changed my life!
    Congrats on starting it, and enjoy it! :)

Are u able to run 5km? Lol
  • Mahdi22
    Options
    Day 3 is done. My legs feel like it's going to break
  • Philtex
    Philtex Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    Great job runners!
  • GrumpyHeadmistress
    GrumpyHeadmistress Posts: 666 Member
    Options
    Week 6 day 1!
  • pippahgte
    pippahgte Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Wk6D1 for me! I had hip surgery end October so am building up slowly.. I was previously regularly running 5-7 miles but I don't expect to get back to those distances until the end of this year ☺️
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I'm 57 years old, and today I'll be doing Day 1 of Week 2. I'm pretty proud that I've started. The app is great. So are my new running shoes, which are a huge improvement over my one-year-old shoes. I'm motivated to finish this program!
  • allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    W6D1 this morning, plus about 10 minutes of extra walking added at the end.

Plenty of time today, and I hate making my turnaround in the middle of a run leg, so didn't turn around until after the 8 minute run. Except I hit the end immediately after meeting the only other pedestrians I'd seen this morning, walking in the other direction. Didn't want to turn around and be right behind them, so walked another minute first. They were also doing a walk / run combination, so were actually quite far in front of me at that point.

Vacation next week, so I will run again on the 19th or 20th, depending on how late we get home on the 18th.