LoveSick?

Options
JovanValor
JovanValor Posts: 2,114 Member
What would you say makes Love succesful, thoughts tips?

What would you say breaks Love, experiences, advice?

Stories and general info on the Experience of love, all Welcome!! ❤

Replies

• bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    For me, the most important thing is trust and respect. If i can't trust you or respect you, then I can't love you (and this goes for all relationships, not just the intimate ones :) ).

break my trust, or lose my respect, relationship over.

ETA, I met my husband when I was 17, I had just been through a pretty rough time and I was 'broken'. He was very patient with me, over time he gained my trust and respect and then the love followed. He has been my rock and helped me rebuild myself. We have been married for 18 yrs now, there have been some bumpy patches, not within our relationship as such but family stresses that have worn us both down, but he has always stuck by me, and me by him. We are a couple, we are a partnership. Some days he drives me insane, but in reality i wouldnt change a thing about him :)
  • Addis_Daddy12
    Addis_Daddy12 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Bernie I swear up and down I thought I added you as a friend like a week ago
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    What would you say makes Love succesful, thoughts tips?

Communication, honesty, and *kitten*.
  • sam308lbs
    sam308lbs Posts: 1,939 Member
    Options

She did the same to me.It hurts :(
  • JovanValor
    Options
    What are your thoughts on LOVE been possible with anyone?

( when the process/ stages of acheiving love is broken down to scenarios experiences and etc, What would be your thoughts on how these moments can be taylored towards any and all people out there. Its like saying theres more than 1 soulmate out there for you?
  • bernied262
    Options

She did the same to me.It hurts :(

LOL, send the request, today might be your lucky day :)
  • bernied262
    Options
    What are your thoughts on LOVE been possible with anyone?

( when the process/ stages of acheiving love is broken down to scenarios experiences and etc, What would be your thoughts on how these moments can be taylored towards any and all people out there. Its like saying theres more than 1 soulmate out there for you?

Well, I only have one soulmate. However, I did think the person who hurt me bad was my soul mate. In reality, I was just young and stupid :) I did learn what wasn't love in that relationship though, so it wasn't all wasted time :)
  • pearson114
    pearson114 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    For me, the most important thing is trust and respect. If i can't trust you or respect you, then I can't love you (and this goes for all relationships, not just the intimate ones :) ).

break my trust, or lose my respect, relationship over.

ETA, I met my husband when I was 17, I had just been through a pretty rough time and I was 'broken'. He was very patient with me, over time he gained my trust and respect and then the love followed. He has been my rock and helped me rebuild myself. We have been married for 18 yrs now, there have been some bumpy patches, not within our relationship as such but family stresses that have worn us both down, but he has always stuck by me, and me by him. We are a couple, we are a partnership. Some days he drives me insane, but in reality i wouldnt change a thing about him :)

Absolutely love this!
  • TRW012448
    TRW012448 Posts: 8
    Options
    Love is over rated. Love hurts!
  • JovanValor
    Options
    lol yeah can get complex but when you break it down as an equation; i have discovered there is a procedure to it that be used to enduse Love into any indicidual :P , it may be seen as evil, but been aware can have its benefits.
  • exile40
    exile40 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Love is over rated. Love hurts!

Love and pain are sadly intertwined
  • karylee46
    karylee46 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    love = pain.. :(
  • Myhaloslipped
    Myhaloslipped Posts: 4,317 Member
    Options
    successful: trust, patience

breaks love: bad communication
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Love hurts, love scars
    Love wounds, and marks
    Any heart, not tough
    Or strong enough

To take a lot of pain
    Take a lot of pain
    Love is like a cloud
    Holds a lot of rain

Love hurts
    Love hurts

I'm young, I know
    But even so
    I know a thing or two
    I learned, from you

I really learned a lot
    Really learned a lot
    Love is like a flame
    It burns you when it's hot

Love hurts
    Love hurts

Some fools think of happiness
    Blissfulness, togetherness
    Some fools fool themselves I guess
    They're not foolin' me

I know it isn't true
    I know it isn't true
    Love is just a lie
    Made to make you blue

Love hurts
    Love hurts
    Love hurts

I know it isn't true
    I know it isn't true
    Love is just a lie
    Made to make you blue

Love hurts
    Love hurts
    Love hurts
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    There's a quote (I don't remember who said it) about the key to a long marriage is that two people never fell out of love at the same time. I believe that.

I've been with my SO 8 years. There have definitely been times -- sometimes months -- where I don't think I was in love with him at all, but it always comes back. I suspect he has felt the same on occasion. We always care about each other, though.

Relationships are work. You may fall in love, but you have to work to stay there.
  • jamielynas
    jamielynas Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    sex, weights and protein shakes
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    Also, I believe in soul mates, but I don't believe there is only one person who can be a soul mate to another. I think we have several. Some of them are romantic soul mates and some are friends or other types. My best friend is a soul mate, but I don't want to marry her or have sex with her.
  • Fithealthyforlife
    Fithealthyforlife Posts: 866 Member
    Options
    I read all the posts. Butting in here, but at least it's relatively on topic. I'm not that young compared to some on this site (younger than some of you though ), but still young enough (27) that I'm constantly exposed to "nice people finish last". That you have to be a jerk in order to have a member of the opposite sex attracted to you. It's so stupid. people have enough flaws w/out trying to be bad that it makes no sense to purposely be like that on top of your real flaws.
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Trust, forgiveness, honesty, never forgetting you are a couple if you have kids so arrange for time away from them since you are going to be alone again once they're gone, caring and some romance even if you have to be the one to put in the effort if they aren't that way inclined normally.
  • exile40
    exile40 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Bob said it best ...

“If she's amazing, she won't be easy. If she's easy, she won't be amazing. If she's worth it, you wont give up. If you give up, you're not worthy. ... Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.”

― Bob Marley