LoveSick?

Options

Replies

• bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    I read all the posts. Butting in here, but at least it's relatively on topic. I'm not that young compared to some on here, but still young enough that I'm constantly exposed to "nice people finish last". That you have to be a jerk in order to have a member of the opposite sex attracted to you. It's so stupid. people have enough flaws w/out trying to be bad that it makes no sense to purposely be like that on top of your real flaws.

I hear guys say this a lot (about needing to be jerks to get the girl), and then i hear my single girlfriends saying that there are no decent blokes out there. If everyone was just true to themselves when looking for a partner, i think they will find the right person.
  • bernied262
    bernied262 Posts: 882 Member
    Options
    Bob said it best ...

“If she's amazing, she won't be easy. If she's easy, she won't be amazing. If she's worth it, you wont give up. If you give up, you're not worthy. ... Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.”

― Bob Marley

Perfect!!
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Love is good but love hurts also
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    What would you say makes Love succesful, thoughts tips?

Communication, honesty, and cunnilungus.

Fixed it for you :bigsmile:
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    Good timing, good pheromones, adequate hormone, and a dash of oxytocin.

True love=time
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    My interpretation (written by me):

"Goodnight kisses placed upon the flesh of eager anticipation; a morning bouquet of roses found withering along the murky farewell. They are not forgotten, because these memories hold the lost souls of poignant emotions. Their tears drip honey upon the core’s sentiment. Breathing into the darkness, the cold sensations becoming the objects of desire; sorrow beckons the hope of amnesia to erase an eternity. Those feelings never go away nor can they be easily discarded; once the heart is stained by love it carries the mark like a scarlet letter." - http://1meremortal.me/2013/02/19/scarlet-letter/

8488541.png
  • jdm_taco
    jdm_taco Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    lol yeah can get complex but when you break it down as an equation; i have discovered there is a procedure to it that be used to enduse Love into any indicidual :P , it may be seen as evil, but been aware can have its benefits.

That's f'in creepy, dude.
  • Fiercely_Me
    Fiercely_Me Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Bob said it best ...

“If she's amazing, she won't be easy. If she's easy, she won't be amazing. If she's worth it, you wont give up. If you give up, you're not worthy. ... Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.”

― Bob Marley

One of my favorite quotes. This couldn't be more true.
  • JovanValor
    JovanValor Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    lol yeah can get complex but when you break it down as an equation; i have discovered there is a procedure to it that be used to enduse Love into any indicidual :P , it may be seen as evil, but been aware can have its benefits.

lol so true, it gives a creepy vibe xD . Overall im just trying to say its got a procedure a set of events,scenarios, chemical reactions in the mind etc. the list can go on for a while. But when these Steps or process is understood its just a matter of executing your actions and manipulating scenarios towards a specific goal. A perfect example is the process of a succeful magic trick. lol im just saying, no one is wrong and no one is ever right.
  • choijanro
    choijanro Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Love quarrel
  • FeelingLessChubby
    FeelingLessChubby Posts: 152 Member
    Options

lol so true, it gives a creepy vibe xD . Overall im just trying to say its got a procedure a set of events,scenarios, chemical reactions in the mind etc. the list can go on for a while. But when these Steps or process is understood its just a matter of executing your actions and manipulating scenarios towards a specific goal. A perfect example is the process of a succeful magic trick. lol im just saying, no one is wrong and no one is ever right.

Just don't say this to anyone on your first date - it's a complete turnoff to analyse love as an equation!
  • embersdream
    embersdream Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Good timing, good pheromones, adequate hormone, and a dash of oxytocin.

True love=time

completly true
  • embersdream
    Options
    My interpretation (written by me):

"Goodnight kisses placed upon the flesh of eager anticipation; a morning bouquet of roses found withering along the murky farewell. They are not forgotten, because these memories hold the lost souls of poignant emotions. Their tears drip honey upon the core’s sentiment. Breathing into the darkness, the cold sensations becoming the objects of desire; sorrow beckons the hope of amnesia to erase an eternity. Those feelings never go away nor can they be easily discarded; once the heart is stained by love it carries the mark like a scarlet letter." - http://1meremortal.me/2013/02/19/scarlet-letter/

8488541.png

stunning and true
  • embersdream
    Options
    my love is complicated... lol
  • embersdream
    Options
    my partner and i split a few days ago and am holding a very centred space.. holding the sacred part of our love( we still love each other) but the timing is really out... i never believed that timing could play a part... but it has... honoring the love shared and the love lost as equal parts of this experience. that i love and am present but i am not part of anyone elses "plan"
  • JovanValor
    JovanValor Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    my partner and i split a few days ago and am holding a very centred space.. holding the sacred part of our love( we still love each other) but the timing is really out... i never believed that timing could play a part... but it has... honoring the love shared and the love lost as equal parts of this experience. that i love and am present but i am not part of anyone elses "plan"

mhm thats where timing ???? is playing its part. How long were you guys together? i am also ending my5yr relationship, and we still agree to see eachother, sure she thinks its wrong an it does feel heavy on me aswell but why Loose everything weve been through,expiriences,the life lessons that will guide us, theres so much to simply throw away because of a word called Love, a definition with standards and subconcious programing. i am not against it but there is weakness integrated in its structure. And i am forced to look at Love as an equation because when things go wrong they dont strike me subliminaly or when things go right they must be trully honest. Thers so much more to it than 1 thread, and im just sharing but a fragment of a personal perspective. ????
  • healthy_momof3
    Options
    For me, trust, respect, and communication are absolutely vital. Anything that violates that trust, such as lying and infidelity, breaks the foundation of the relationship. I'm going through this now and it's harder than I ever imagined it would be.
  • embersdream
    Options

mhm thats where timing ???? is playing its part. How long were you guys together? i am also ending my5yr relationship, and we still agree to see eachother, sure she thinks its wrong an it does feel heavy on me aswell but why Loose everything weve been through,expiriences,the life lessons that will guide us, theres so much to simply throw away because of a word called Love, a definition with standards and subconcious programing. i am not against it but there is weakness integrated in its structure. And i am forced to look at Love as an equation because when things go wrong they dont strike me subliminaly or when things go right they must be trully honest. Thers so much more to it than 1 thread, and im just sharing but a fragment of a personal perspective. ????

thats where im at to because i have a deep deep love for this man( im abit older and i think it plays a part ) i would like him to be in my life , but he broke off our engagement in a pretty immature way and i realised that i dont want to be dragged into negative emotional drama... so the line must be drawn...it has affected me in aot of ways and now the fog has been lifted from my eyes i am just giving to myself and my career which is really important to me
  • embersdream
    Options

thats where im at to because i have a deep deep love for this man( im abit older and i think it plays a part ) i would like him to be in my life , but he broke off our engagement in a pretty immature way and i realised that i dont want to be dragged into negative emotional drama... so the line must be drawn...it has affected me in aot of ways and now the fog has been lifted from my eyes i am just giving to myself and my career which is really important to me
    i should say broke off and then took it back .. ending our engagement but then wanting a relationship... confusing... and now im just going u know what ? sure we can be friends or lovers or whatever but i just want to live my own life... weve been together for 2 and a half years. and i was married before that for 9 years and on my own for like 10 months...
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    What would you say makes Love succesful, thoughts tips?

Compatible personalities & communication styles + similar backgrounds/values.
    What would you say breaks Love, experiences, advice?

Staying in a bad match bc of misguided beliefs ("marriage until death"; "i can save him/her"); lack of effort.