Is a hotdog a sandwich?

Options

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    Options
    We have discovered that a hot dog is a type of sandwich.
  • notthistime_
    notthistime_ Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Sorry the answer is no
  • cee134
    Options
    Sorry the answer is no

Well, legal it's a sandwich but I think it's a taco.
  • notthistime_
    notthistime_ Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    cee134 wrote: »
    Sorry the answer is no

Well, legal it's a sandwich but I think it's a taco.

Anything worth it's salt is a Taco
  • bojack3
    bojack3 Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    If you eat a hot dog without a bun....it's just a hot dog. If you eat a hotdog between anyh type of bread including a bun, it's a sandwich....no?
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,492 Member
    Options
    bojack3 wrote: »
    If you eat a hot dog without a bun....it's just a hot dog. If you eat a hotdog between anyh type of bread including a bun, it's a sandwich....no?

I think there is a fine line here.

A bun alone, scored and opened on one end, does not qualify as a sandwich.

However, if the bun is split and separated into two distinct and autonomous entities, then yes, it qualifies as a sandwich.

The definition, and responsibilities, of the sandwich lies with the integrity of the bread ( or in this particular case, the bun.)

I understand that it's a lot of responsibility to place on bread.

Sometimes life simply isn't fair.
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options
    How would Cheesy Blasters fit? Hot dog? Pizza? Sandwich? Something altogether different and utterly unique?

Perhaps we can learn from the multidimensional, transformational model the Cheesy Blaster provides to critically examine our binary thinking and consider the fluidity of hot dog/sandwich identities in specific social contexts.
  • Lift_Run_Eat
    Lift_Run_Eat Posts: 986 Member
    Options
    Motorsheen wrote: »

However, if the bun is split and separated into two distinct and autonomous entities, then yes, it qualifies as a sandwich.

The definition, and responsibilities, of the sandwich lies with the integrity of the bread ( or in this particular case, the bun.)

Is it the type of bread/bun that makes it less of a sandwich. What if it is a hoagie or bread loaf made into a sub, etc. Those are usually scored and opened on one end.
  • lar25473
    lar25473 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Yes. A hotdog is a sandwich.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    rhenry2424 wrote: »

Is it the type of bread/bun that makes it less of a sandwich. What if it is a hoagie or bread loaf made into a sub, etc. Those are usually scored and opened on one end.

I imagine a hoagie would need to fall under the broad classification of: 'the spirit of the law' versus the letter of the law.

Hoagies have earned the privilege of being called a sandwich.

Hot Dogs, on the other hand, are more common and pedestrian and frankly are not of the same social station of a hoagie or a grinder and are not worthy of the esteemed moniker of "sandwich'.

Again, life isn't always fair.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    How would Cheesy Blasters fit? Hot dog? Pizza? Sandwich? Something altogether different and utterly unique?

Perhaps we can learn from the multidimensional, transformational model the Cheesy Blaster provides to critically examine our binary thinking and consider the fluidity of hot dog/sandwich identities in specific social contexts.

I'm not exactly sure what a Cheesy Blaster is.... but I would like to order five of them.
  • Motorsheen
    Options
    I just googled Cheesy Blaster.

Does that come with a side of coronary by-pass surgery?
  • beagletracks
    beagletracks Posts: 6,035 Member
    Options

I'm not exactly sure what a Cheesy Blaster is.... but I would like to order five of them.

Excellent choice.

giphy.gif
  • 123tacos
    123tacos Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    Yes to all the above
  • cee134
    Options
    I think it's been confirmed today that a Hot Dog is in fact a sandwich. Maybe even a taco.
  • AmberGlitterSparkles
    AmberGlitterSparkles Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Strange, but I guess in a way it kind of is a sandwich.