Water

Options
rjel78
rjel78 Posts: 102 Member
I know water is key but I have a question. Do you really have to drink half your weight in water or can you just drink water all the time and have the same results?

Replies

• JaydedMiss
    JaydedMiss Posts: 4,286 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    ...results? drink until your pee is light yellow/clear. youd die if you drank half your weight in water each day...Not sure what "results" you want but being hydrated feels beter anyway..
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Drink enough to keep you hydrated
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Water is "key" for...what? Besides Hydration?
  • sophie7591
    sophie7591 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I drink 8 cups of water a day and done. I have read about drinking half your weight in water every day. That will never be me.
  • MichelleSilverleaf
    MichelleSilverleaf Posts: 2,028 Member
    Options
    I aim for 8 but usually average 6. I bought a water bottle that's 3 cups exactly which makes it super easy to track my water.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    I aim for 8 but usually average 6. I bought a water bottle that's 3 cups exactly which makes it super easy to track my water.

I have a 3 cup bottle as well. I just make sure it gets filled three times and I'm good for the day.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    It's half your weight in ounces, or some such arbitrary rule. Not half your actual weight.

200lbs= 100oz water.
  • sophie7591
    sophie7591 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    It's half your weight in ounces, or some such arbitrary rule. Not half your actual weight.

200lbs= 100oz water.

I knew what it meant. For me that would be 125 ozs at this point. I'm good with the 64 ozs from the 8 cups of water lol
  • tiffaninghs
    tiffaninghs Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    185lbs i drink a minimum of a gallon a day.. u should too.. close to two galloms when im working out hard!!
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    185lbs i drink a minimum of a gallon a day.. u should too.. close to two galloms when im working out hard!!

Completely unnecessary to drink that much. She'd spend all day peeing it back out. If you want, then that's your choice but there's no advantage to it.
  • Silentpadna
    Silentpadna Posts: 1,306 Member
    Options
    u should too..

Why? (honest question)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    What kind of results?

I don't track my water intake. I have never understood the reasoning for doing that.

Drinking plenty of water is good for your health... But as long as you are hydrated and your pee isn't bright yellow/orange then i don't see any need for "tracking" it (Except for maybe some health issue)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options

There is such a thing as too much water...........http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/tc/drinking-enough-water-topic-overview#1
  • Rayvis1014
    Rayvis1014 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I try to stay hydrated because I get UTI's (TMI?), but my doctor says anything counts as liquid (i.e. diet soda and iced tea), and I believe her. Works for me!
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    All these rules are ridiculous. They are the result of "research " done by Nestle and Perrier. Drink when you are thirsty. All liquids except maybe alcohol count. If your urine appears dark, it is a sign of dehydration...now be Free!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I try to stay hydrated because I get UTI's (TMI?), but my doctor says anything counts as liquid (i.e. diet soda and iced tea), and I believe her. Works for me!
    I think that's true, too. I had a bad uti several months ago and when I went in for my appointment around 4pm I had drank basically nothing but coffee and diet dr pepper That day and she said, from looking at my pee sample, that I was very hydrated and to keep it up lol!
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Water is in everything. Go by pee color.