What's you funniest/most embarrassing gym moment?

Options
2»

Replies

• DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    Options
    When I was trying to incline bench more than I should without a spotter and couldn't get it up and so I had to tip the bar over in order to get out, there were several guys watching but didn't do a thing. That was when I was 19 years old.
  • Bonny132
    Bonny132 Posts: 3,617 Member
    Options
    TR0berts wrote: »
    Bonny132 wrote: »
    Free weights whilst doing my squats, was going really well, finished all my sets. Then could not get the barbell off the back of my shoulders as my arms were just not up to lifting it back off, so had to bend down and lean to one side to support the barbell on the floor whilst I freed my poor neck, much to the amusement of my fellow gym goers.

You're not supposed to lift it off your back. You're supposed to walk back into the rack/cage - where the pins are located slightly below where the bar rests on your back/traps - and simply lower it until you are no longer supporting the bar.

Well..... I was in the free weights section, with no racks.... If I had the option of a rack, I would have used it instead of looking like a pillock.... Needless to say, I squat upstairs now, where there is a rack.
  • DasItMan91
    DasItMan91 Posts: 5,753 Member
    Options
    Deadlifts. Ripped a LOOOOUUUUUUUD fart.

Saw a guy look over, so I just shrugged. Whatchagonnado?

I farted once when deadlifting too lol
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    I was trying to stand up a 200lb clean for a PR and I was straining so hard to stand up that I ummmm lost a little bit of bladder control...drip drip drip....but I stood it up! Lesson learned, always pee before max attempt cleans. Oops.
  • Warvinj
    Warvinj Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    PRd 650 deadlift and nearly crapped my shorts. Fortunately I only let out a thunderous fart all while nearly half the gym was watching
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    DasItMan91 wrote: »
    Deadlifts. Ripped a LOOOOUUUUUUUD fart.

Saw a guy look over, so I just shrugged. Whatchagonnado?

I farted once when deadlifting too lol
    Warvinj wrote: »
    PRd 650 deadlift and nearly crapped my shorts. Fortunately I only let out a thunderous fart all while nearly half the gym was watching

You boys are cute. Try being a girl.

3u8uh640kxbo.jpg
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    edited April 2019
    Options
    Dropped a 45lb plate on my toes, let out a swear word, shuffled my feet a few times, pain was gone, finished my sets @ leg press & finished leg workout (no pain until after the workout). Toes were bleeding & bruised, eventually toenails fell off a few weeks later

Seen plenty of big college guys run to the bathroom to take a **** in between sets of squats; at least they got some cardio/HIIT out of it