Is it worth going MFP Premium?

Options
Do people really loose weight 6x faster by going Premium and paying $50? Just curious.

Replies

• snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Do people really loose weight 6x faster by going Premium and paying $50? Just curious.

Where did you hear this?
  • Hespy77
    Hespy77 Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

Where did you hear this?

It's what MFP advertizes to entice you into paying for premium. Never had premium, curious about the extra options but not curious enough to pay for it (at this time).
  • NewBetterBest18
    NewBetterBest18 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    That's how I feel. Just wondering if anyone has premium if it works.
  • edlanglais5
    edlanglais5 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    The premium offers more gizmos and no ads. Makes it more convenient and will work better for you if you're the super analytical type. I'm on track just fine with the free version.
  • balle1965
    balle1965 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about this too. Thanks for the feedback!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    LOL @ 6 times faster! :D Based on what? Having no ads and a couple of extra features that aren't really necessary won't speed up your weight loss. You'll be just as successful with the free version. But if you like extra features, have the cash to blow, and you want to upgrade, that's totally cool. (But it won't speed up your loss. That's an embarrassingly absurd claim for them to make. It's kind of sad, too, because now it makes me question the credibility of an otherwise excellent program.)

I've been here for 6 years, maintaining successfully for 5, and never needed any extra buttons to push or columns to fill in. The basic plan works just the same. B)

knbvndhkfg1l.gif
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Unless there is a study I missed that shows no ads and macros to the gram giving you a 6 x greater daily deficit then no lol
  • jtomaszewski81
    jtomaszewski81 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I paid for it because I wanted the quick support responses, but found the answers to my tech questions (Apple Watch, steps counts) generic and not addressed.
  • spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I've always used the free version...it works for me. I do wonder about using premium for macros down the line though.
  • bethany_rose8
    bethany_rose8 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Meh
  • amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I believe the 6x number. It seems to me that those who lack commitment and are going to give up in a few days would be free members those who go premium are likely to be dedicated. Thus dedicated lose 6x weight sounds right.
  • Morgaen73
    Morgaen73 Posts: 2,818 Member
    Options
    I have premium because it allows me to set individual calorie and macro targets for each day, other than that I would go with the free version.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    I've always used the free version...it works for me. I do wonder about using premium for macros down the line though.

There used to be a script you could run before UA bought MFP, I wonder if any of the OG's remember what I'm talking about. I'll make a post asking just in case they dont' wander in here.
  • rdl81
    rdl81 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Morgaen73 wrote: »
    I have premium because it allows me to set individual calorie and macro targets for each day, other than that I would go with the free version.

This for me too different calorie goals for weekends and also to set macros by gram
  • snickerscharlie
    snickerscharlie Posts: 8,578 Member
    Options
    Still really curious as to where, exactly, MFP makes this "6X Faster Weight Loss" claim, because if it exists, that is patently absurd.
  • besaro
    besaro Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    meme.jpg