I believe my cal count is too high! 1600!

Options
124»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    1600 calories is not that much at all dependent on your calorie expenditure. and you said you only have 1hr - 1.5hr to work out. Thats plenty of time to get a good workout especially if you structure them properly. The right balance of macros and the 1hr - 1.5hr x 5 days of traning you currently doing should give you a nice controlled loss overtime.

Okay I might be a little slow but what do you mean by "calorie expenditure"? I guess I need a more efficient workout. We have a 2.5 mile trail in my neighborhood in which I walk and might jog some parts. Then I go to the gym to do some form of weights on certain areas of my body. Then I sit in the sauna. And I am currently 251 I would love to be 150 but realistically 170 is my pre law school/goal weight

Calorie (energy) expenditure isn't just working out...you expend energy merely existing (quite a bit actually)...you expend energy going about your day to day...and then finally you expend energy with exercise. Exercise is generally the smallest part of the equation...existence is usually the biggest part of the equation...but the more you move, the more energy (calories) you expend, whether that's deliberate workouts or general movement.

• hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Why do you think that's too high?

I eat around 1600-1800 a day and am losing weight. And I don't exercise.