Protein bars that keep you most full

Options
2»

Replies

• tinyrah
    tinyrah Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    They are always enough for breakfast for me. If I want low calorie I like the Detour bars.
  • missdelainie
    missdelainie Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    kalonism wrote: »
    Quest bars and Combat Crunch. I usually microwave them before eating though.
    How long do you microwave for? I'm gunna try this
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I'm in the 'none' camp.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I only have one for breakfast as I'm busy at work and it holds me over until lunch. I like the Pure Protein chocolate peanut caramel or smores. I don't eat them for lunch or dinner, they would NOT hold me over.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I eat one bar with at least 20g of protein (usually ~250 calories) for lunch with a piece of fruit and either something like yogurt or rice cakes or carrots. I have an afternoon snack about 2 hours later (protein or fiber based- yogurt/eggs/rice cakes/carrots/etc) and then dinner by 5-6pm. I don't use it as a solo meal replacement, nor do I expect it to keep me full for more than a few hours. I do like it because it makes lunch prep super easy and straight forward for me. I like the Think Thin Crunchy Peanut Butter ones or the Chocolate Mint Clif Builder's Bars. I don't mind most Quest bar flavors either.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    "Fill me up?" None...they're a quick snack and can keep me going for a couple hours if I can't get a meal in or something, but that's about it. I eat meals to fill me up.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    I am a fan of the Pure Protein bars. They don't have much sugar and they have a lot of protein. And I feel like I'm eating a candy bar. I eat them before I lift in the morning.
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I just tried a Quest bar. I am underwhelmed.
  • missdelainie
    missdelainie Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Ok everyone sorry i should have said "held me over for a few hours" instead of "fill me up" haha I'm an idiot
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    Ok everyone sorry i should have said "held me over for a few hours" instead of "fill me up" haha I'm an idiot

Why? It's pretty much the same thing to me.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options

Different foods are filling to different people. I find them very filling they hit my stomach like a brick and keep me full for at least 5h or more.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    Options
    My new favorite is the Dymatize Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (found at Big Lots for $0.70 cents a bar & other fitness/nutrition retailers carry the bars (prices will be higher).

I also love Quest White Chocolate Raspberry & Cookies & Cream
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Quest Bars. They've always kept me full until next meal.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I always have a stash of Quest bars, Combat Crunch, FitJoy, and One bars in my desk at work. On a busy day, I can do a protein bar with an apple/carrots/celery and a piece of beef jerky and it'll serve as lunch or dinner.
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Options
    Battleoat bars for me to tide me over during the day along with some fruit, yogurt and other snacky things if i cant get a proper lunch in. Also good on hill walks as well. carbkillas are really nice but a bit synthetic and the pHD bars are also pretty good. Nice after a hard workout when a proper meal is a few hours away