Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Protein bars that keep you most full

2»

Replies

• tinyrah
    tinyrah Posts: 32 Member
    They are always enough for breakfast for me. If I want low calorie I like the Detour bars.
  • missdelainie
    missdelainie Posts: 75 Member
    kalonism wrote: »
    Quest bars and Combat Crunch. I usually microwave them before eating though.
    How long do you microwave for? I'm gunna try this
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    I'm in the 'none' camp.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    I only have one for breakfast as I'm busy at work and it holds me over until lunch. I like the Pure Protein chocolate peanut caramel or smores. I don't eat them for lunch or dinner, they would NOT hold me over.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    I eat one bar with at least 20g of protein (usually ~250 calories) for lunch with a piece of fruit and either something like yogurt or rice cakes or carrots. I have an afternoon snack about 2 hours later (protein or fiber based- yogurt/eggs/rice cakes/carrots/etc) and then dinner by 5-6pm. I don't use it as a solo meal replacement, nor do I expect it to keep me full for more than a few hours. I do like it because it makes lunch prep super easy and straight forward for me. I like the Think Thin Crunchy Peanut Butter ones or the Chocolate Mint Clif Builder's Bars. I don't mind most Quest bar flavors either.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    "Fill me up?" None...they're a quick snack and can keep me going for a couple hours if I can't get a meal in or something, but that's about it. I eat meals to fill me up.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    I am a fan of the Pure Protein bars. They don't have much sugar and they have a lot of protein. And I feel like I'm eating a candy bar. I eat them before I lift in the morning.
  • geneticsteacher
    geneticsteacher Posts: 623 Member
    I just tried a Quest bar. I am underwhelmed.
  • missdelainie
    missdelainie Posts: 75 Member
    Ok everyone sorry i should have said "held me over for a few hours" instead of "fill me up" haha I'm an idiot
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Ok everyone sorry i should have said "held me over for a few hours" instead of "fill me up" haha I'm an idiot

Why? It's pretty much the same thing to me.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member

Different foods are filling to different people. I find them very filling they hit my stomach like a brick and keep me full for at least 5h or more.
  • kellyjellybellyjelly
    kellyjellybellyjelly Posts: 9,480 Member
    My new favorite is the Dymatize Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (found at Big Lots for $0.70 cents a bar & other fitness/nutrition retailers carry the bars (prices will be higher).

I also love Quest White Chocolate Raspberry & Cookies & Cream
  • MaddMaestro
    MaddMaestro Posts: 405 Member
    edited August 2017
    Quest Bars. They've always kept me full until next meal.
  • Cbean08
    Cbean08 Posts: 1,092 Member
    I always have a stash of Quest bars, Combat Crunch, FitJoy, and One bars in my desk at work. On a busy day, I can do a protein bar with an apple/carrots/celery and a piece of beef jerky and it'll serve as lunch or dinner.
  • KarenSmith2018
    KarenSmith2018 Posts: 302 Member
    Battleoat bars for me to tide me over during the day along with some fruit, yogurt and other snacky things if i cant get a proper lunch in. Also good on hill walks as well. carbkillas are really nice but a bit synthetic and the pHD bars are also pretty good. Nice after a hard workout when a proper meal is a few hours away