Low Carb/Keto Friends?

Options
Hello there! Any low carb or keto goers here?! If so, add me! I am motivating and I could use the motivation too.

Replies

• pattimac16
    pattimac16 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hello Melting Shelly, I started Paleo just over two weeks and actually love it. I'm not familiar with Keto, but regardless would love the add, motivation and support.

Peace~
  • burntoutphilosopher
    burntoutphilosopher Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm a failing attempt at keto ... but if love any new friends !
  • bgpeck2
    bgpeck2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Here's a stupid question...has anyone found that after cutting their carbs significantly, that they have become sleepy nearly all of the time? I know their is the "carb flu", but this is something different...if I sit for more than a couple of minutes, I become so sleepy I can't stand it. Took a nearly 3 hour nap last night, then went to bed, slept for nearly 6 hours, and after sitting still for a couple of minutes, I'm sleepy again...
  • StacyDMomof3
    StacyDMomof3 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I have had that same issue lately
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    BenWarbie wrote: »
    New keto person over here! Convincing my parents that full fat food is better for me than 0% fat foods is a struggle of mine, add me up for motivation

I feel your pain and completely sympathize!
  • bluets2011
    bluets2011 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I'd like to have more friends too!
  • bgpeck2
    bgpeck2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    ladipoet wrote: »
    Classic electrolyte imbalance symptoms. Salt, salt, salt STAT!! It's one of THE MOST COMMON MISTAKES newbies make...they always underestimate the amount of sodium/potassium their bodies need when they try Keto. Your body will require between 3000-5000mg every day. Some individuals (like me, for example) find that their bodies require even more than than (my body likes between 6000-8000mg every day). Eat pickles or olives, Drink pickle juice. Salt your food as heavily as you can tolerate it. Dissolve a bouillon cube in the appropriate amount of water and drink 2 cubes per day (this is usually the easiest method).

Who would have thought that salt would be causing me to be so sleepy? LOL
  • snr1984
    snr1984 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I need keto friends
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    What qualifies as low carb?
  • this_is_the_year
    this_is_the_year Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Classic electrolyte imbalance symptoms. Salt, salt, salt STAT!! It's one of THE MOST COMMON MISTAKES newbies make...they always underestimate the amount of sodium/potassium their bodies need when they try Keto. Your body will require between 3000-5000mg every day. Some individuals (like me, for example) find that their bodies require even more than than (my body likes between 6000-8000mg every day). Eat pickles or olives, Drink pickle juice. Salt your food as heavily as you can tolerate it. Dissolve a bouillon cube in the appropriate amount of water and drink 2 cubes per day (this is usually the easiest method).

Thank for this! I've been having exactly the same issue.
  • purple_power61
    purple_power61 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm just starting out with Keto... would love some new friends for motivation and inspiration
  • helenwest39750
    helenwest39750 Posts: 1 Member
    Options

Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles (low carbers) tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group

Hi ladipoet I have requested to join your group I hope I can join need help and motivation! Thank you xx
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    @helenwest39750 ...it's not "my" group in the sense you mean it, but I am a member of that group and I'm sure one of the group moderators will approve your request to join. See you on the LCHF boards soon.