Replies

• patricia909
    patricia909 Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    starting keto would like some friends
  • qmcclean123
    qmcclean123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Started a week ago. Down 3.5 lbs. having no trouble- would love to be friends.
    One good bit of reminder that came my way_ carbs to limit to 20 g, protein calculate total daily allowable intake by body weight and exercise weight otherwise they too will convert in the glucose cycle. Fats are fillers- to make you feel good, give you some energy and take away any hunger or cravings.
    Have not yet managed to convert to Bullet Proof Coffe but am up to using Half and half and adding 1 tsp of coconut oil .
  • nataliasinaga21
    nataliasinaga21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I just eat 5 boiled egga each day and day 10 i lost 8kgs.Its unhealthy diet but works to my body
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    MrsBeccaM5 wrote: »
    I try to eat under 100g of carbs a day, but I'm definitely not keto. I'm usually around 80g on average.

That's still within what is considered to be a "low-carb" range so keep up the good work! :)
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    bgpeck2 wrote: »
    Here's a stupid question...has anyone found that after cutting their carbs significantly, that they have become sleepy nearly all of the time? I know their is the "carb flu", but this is something different...if I sit for more than a couple of minutes, I become so sleepy I can't stand it. Took a nearly 3 hour nap last night, then went to bed, slept for nearly 6 hours, and after sitting still for a couple of minutes, I'm sleepy again...

I've been struggling with doing this for the last three months and I just NOW realized that I might be so exhausted all day because I don't have enough carbs. I'm painfully tired when I wake up, even if I go to sleep at 8 or 9 (super early for me). I thought maybe because I've been working so much lately that was the only reason. I don't know why I didn't even connect the two before.

@annax3belle ...nope, you are missing the point. Here is what your body is trying to tell you:
    ladipoet wrote: »
    Classic electrolyte imbalance symptoms. Salt, salt, salt STAT!! It's one of THE MOST COMMON MISTAKES newbies make...they always underestimate the amount of sodium/potassium their bodies need when they try Keto. Your body will require between 3000-5000mg every day. Some individuals (like me, for example) find that their bodies require even more than than (my body likes between 6000-8000mg every day). Eat pickles or olives, Drink pickle juice. Salt your food as heavily as you can tolerate it. Dissolve a bouillon cube in the appropriate amount of water and drink 2 cubes per day (this is usually the easiest method).
  • elanaknt
    elanaknt Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Not new to MFP but new to low-carb. Started at the end of May and have lost 13lbs so far. I try to stay around 50g carbs a day. Definitely could use some friends eating similarly, so anyone can add me!
  • DrAhmedTarek
    DrAhmedTarek Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, first day low carb. Time to change and back to the track, hope we can do it all together
  • themollielama
    themollielama Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    back to low carb again. New to MFP. Would love the friends/motivation/support!!
  • esperanzab93
    esperanzab93 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I love Keto! As an endomorph body type and also with a hunter/gatherer genetic history, it has been a lifesaver for me! I am new to My Fitness Pal but if anyone wants a Keto pal, Im here!

Rachael
  • DL21Smith
    DL21Smith Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    back to low carb again. New to MFP. Would love the friends/motivation/support!!

I'm not new to mfp, but new to low carb way of eating. I will send you a friend request!
  • ahamamoto
    ahamamoto Posts: 12 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Been keto about 6 months off & on, would love more keto friends on my feed to help keep me motivated & on track :-)
  • thatfatactress
    thatfatactress Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I follow low carb because of diabetes and PCOS. Feel free to add me! Also if you have Instagram you can follow me there too. It's the same username ThatFatActress. I share my food and weightloss progress there.
  • Kgunterjuiceplus
    Kgunterjuiceplus Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am new to MFP, and I'm not sure how to add friends!! Would love to be added because this Keto lifestyle is also new to me!
  • slm14
    slm14 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I am new to low carb. Just read "The Insulin Resistance Solution." Would love more friends too. Also would love other low carb resources. I am not going to be super strict low carb (less than 100g), but the book recommends less than 500g carbs daily. Open to learn and would love buddies.
  • crashdolly
    crashdolly Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi all, just starting with a low carb / high fat plan after years of the usual dieting stuff, would love some friends and support if anyone wants to add me. I'm aiming for 20g carbs to start, after doing my research, then I'll adjust as I get to know it better (and I've got my bouillon ready!). :)
  • mnalsa83
    mnalsa83 Posts: 172 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Did VLC (keto 20g) from Dec to March (then softball season kicked in and it was tough with all the fast food. I am back at it though.
    Since Starting in Dec, even with a few months off, I am still 20lbs down.
    Always looking for new recipes and willing to share what I find. Feel free to add me.
  • kristensangster100
    kristensangster100 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I've been off and on of keto since jan. I recently restarted and having been getting right kidney pains/aches. Does anyone else get these? If I stop keto the pain goes away after a couple of days.
  • xxprisinhaxx3232
    xxprisinhaxx3232 Posts: 15 Member
    edited July 2017
    Options
    Hey guys! This is my 5th month on Keto and I love it so far. If any of y'all wanna add me that would be great! I love to share Keto experiences!
  • Cherbear67
    Cherbear67 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    Been doing Keto for just over 3 weeks now.
  • McKinneyTJ924
    McKinneyTJ924 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey everyone! New MFP account (Ive used MFP for years on and off tho) and day one of low carb. I would love some friends for motivation and food ideas! Excited to see where this leads me. I have 20 lbs to lose. Hoping to lose it by Christmas.