When do you log?

Options

Replies

• Pinkranger626
    Pinkranger626 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    the way my life/scheudle works, I don't think pre logging would help me at all. I log after eating... I find that that's the most honest way for me. It also keeps me from obsessing over calories
  • eblakes93
    eblakes93 Posts: 372 Member
    Options
    I log as I go.

I'm not really sure what I'm going to do when I go back to school, as I have a school meal plan (no kitchen where I live). They post the menus and nutrition online, but what they say they will be serving is not always what they serve.
  • c_tap77
    c_tap77 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I've been logging in the morning. It seems to curb my temptation to eat things I hadn't already planned because I know it will throw my numbers out of whack.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    When I was logging I logged everything in the morning and my entire day was planned out.
  • SkinnyMsFitness
    SkinnyMsFitness Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Probably a better strategy than mine...I've been logging right after each meal or at the end of the day. But I'm not doing half bad! :-) Whatever works, right?!
  • CeddysMum
    CeddysMum Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I pre-plan my dinners for a week and I log day-to-day around it. The rest I play by ear depending on what I feel like and how hungry I am. I always log before preparing the food though, that way I can adjust it according to what I have left, especially for supper and snacks.
  • elkahallick
    elkahallick Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    At a min the day before, but usually a few days out so i can make sure that i have everything i will need....
  • justicer68
    justicer68 Posts: 1,223
    Options
    i tend to log after i finish a meal or a snack.

^^^This....I am an at the moment type of chick. :-) Everything with me may be subject to change at times.
  • USA2007
    USA2007 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I usually log when I finish eating, otherwise I don't always know what/how much I ate. I like to go for accuracy and I find that the only way I can be accurate is if I log right after I ate it.
  • Caitu13
    Caitu13 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I log the next days food during the week the night before so I know what I'm bringing to work. During the weekend, when I eat it. But usually if I change or add food, exercise, etc, I add it as the day progresses.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    I log after I eat. Sometimes I forget and will catch up the next day, or I forget and say to hell with it and don't worry about it.
  • amandzor
    amandzor Posts: 386 Member
    Options
    I log right when I get to my desk job w/ computer access. I plan out my day,as I know what I had for breakfast, what I packed for lunch/snacks, and depending on if I know in advance or not, know what I'm having for dinner, or know how many calories I have to "spend".

Planning ahead is probably the best thing I could do for myself. Takes the guesswork out.
  • DATMANN
    DATMANN Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I like to be proactive and log my food and exercise in the morning once I complete my workout. That way your day is already set up for you. It just depends what works best for you.
  • zrjp9
    zrjp9 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    It varies... I log the whole day in the morning if I know what I am going to eat. Sometimes I log as I go. Sometimes I wait until night.
  • gonnamakeanewaccount
    gonnamakeanewaccount Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I try to pre-log, but I change my mind often, so it usually doesn't work out.
  • weightlossdiva1219
    weightlossdiva1219 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I log as I go. I'm in a routine now so I don't have to worry too much about going over my calories. If I'm eating three things for lunch, I'll log each one as I eat it. Sounds tedious, but I always have my iPhone so it's easy. I'll add my post workout snack cause I plan it, so that I can see how much I will have eaten total at dinner time.
  • lyndausvi
    lyndausvi Posts: 156 Member
    Options

This^^

me too.

I would never be able to pre-log anything. We decide on meals on the fly. Not great for the macros, but it's not really a problem when it comes to calories.
  • Iron_Lotus
    Iron_Lotus Posts: 2,295 Member
    Options

Me too
  • carissar7
    carissar7 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I try to log my breakfast in the morning, my lunch after I eat it but if I'm out and about later in the day, sometimes I'm not able to log my dinner until the next morning.