Coffee Addicts on Creamer

Options
elycnan
elycnan Posts: 5 Member
Hey guys!
So, I love coffee. I love it so much that I drink it black most of the time just to taste it. (Yes, I have problems, haha.)

My question is, what is your favorite creamer you use? I've tried Almond Breeze Almond milk creamer & I just don't like it. I prefer a low carb and low sugar creamer that still gives the coffee a slight sweetness! Please let me know what you use.

Right now I use low-fat condensed milk (has loads of sugar, about 13g/tbs) and a teaspoon of coconut oil & it tastes amazing but I want to try other options!

Thanks guys!

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,867 Member
    Options
    I drink it black unless it's a dark roast and my wife is at the helm and then I just use a little milk to cut it. Occasionally I treat myself to a cappuccino...
  • kwtilbury
    kwtilbury Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I usually add half and half and splenda.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened vanilla almond milk, sugar free vanilla coffee mate and stevia
  • Raquel_Mama
    Raquel_Mama Posts: 1,815 Member
    Options
    I put sugar free salted caramel syrup in mine. Adds good flavor :smile:
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    I always drink it black.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I alternate between 3 tbsp. of either Sweet Cream coffee creamer or Crème Brulee coffee creamer, in 24oz of coffee. It clocks in at 105 calories, but absolutely worth it. The extra fat content helps get me through the morning. If I need to make up a deficit, I'll drink it black with 2 Spendas, but those days make me sad and hungry :(.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Whipped cream or coconut cream from the can are my favourites.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    Fairlife whole milk.
  • bigtdillard
    bigtdillard Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I use fat free half and half
  • Evamutt
    Evamutt Posts: 2,429 Member
    Options
    I like the french vanilla. I buy it in the individual tubs. But my all time favorite it the cold stone sweet cream
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I JUST discovered using unsweetened coconut milk as a coffee creamer. I don't like my coffee very sweet (and find that flavored creamers sometimes have an icky aftertaste), and I'm not a fan of the weird cloying filmy feeling and I get from most creamers. I looooove the coconut milk though- it's naturally just a tiny bit sweet and adds only a touch of creamyness (though I'm sure coconut cream could be used if you do want it to be creamy).
  • elycnan
    Options
    DamieBird wrote: »
    I alternate between 3 tbsp. of either Sweet Cream coffee creamer or Crème Brulee coffee creamer, in 24oz of coffee. It clocks in at 105 calories, but absolutely worth it. The extra fat content helps get me through the morning. If I need to make up a deficit, I'll drink it black with 2 Spendas, but those days make me sad and hungry :(.

DamieBird -- my cup of coffee with the low fat condensed milk + (good) fats from the coconut oil is about 150 cals and I feel the same about it being my breakfast to help me power through! :)
  • elycnan
    Options
    I use Trader Joe's organic half and half. I like it because it doesn't have any strange ingredients like carrageenan and it is not ultra pasteurized. These things matter to me, but probably not to most people. I use 2-3 tablespoons each day. I usually have 3 cups of coffee.

I'm willing to give it a try! I drink coffee like that too, and it's all Dark Roast. Is it sweet at all?
  • elycnan
    Options
    Moxie42 wrote: »
    I JUST discovered using unsweetened coconut milk as a coffee creamer. I don't like my coffee very sweet (and find that flavored creamers sometimes have an icky aftertaste), and I'm not a fan of the weird cloying filmy feeling and I get from most creamers. I looooove the coconut milk though- it's naturally just a tiny bit sweet and adds only a touch of creamyness (though I'm sure coconut cream could be used if you do want it to be creamy).

Thank you Moxie! Since you enjoy coconut, you should also try adding a tsp of coconut oil and whip it, it gives it a little froth and tastes amazing!
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    Options
    I do a splash of unsweetened almond or cashew milk, and a little bit of truvia, and it tastes delish
  • meagancarawan
    meagancarawan Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Instead of creamer, I do flavored coffee with Splenda and a little fat free half and half.
  • weightforme8134
    weightforme8134 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I use half and half. I put in two tablespoons and a little sugar and then I just keep adding the coffee. I work from home so I can keep refilling if needed. So my first cup is kind of light and sweet and then it darkens as I add more of the coffee.