So disappointed in myself.

Options
2»

Replies

• Heather4448
    Heather4448 Posts: 908 Member
    Options
    1.) Weigh and log ALL your intake. Set your calories at maintenance.
    2.) Take a walk everyday.

Do this everyday for a month. Next month, add another physical activity. The month after that lower your calories a bit.
    Baby steps. Slow, sustainable changes.
  • aylajane
    aylajane Posts: 979 Member
    Options
    One of the best quotes floating around here that resonates with me is something like this:

You would agree that weighing 305 pounds is hard right? You are not happy with yourself right?

You would agree that losing weight is hard right? You will not be happy not eating EVERYthing you want right?

"Being fat is hard. Losing weight is hard. Pick your hard." If both paths are going to be hard, pick the one that gets you where you want to be instead of the one that keeps you in a hard place. Then suck it up, have a pity party the whole time if you want, but do it.

The other one is "You can have ANYTHING you want. You just cant have EVERYTHING you want." Thats life, dont act like you are the center of the uiverse and deserve everything you want. Learn from MFP - it is possible to have many of the foods you want, often. You just dont get everything the way you want. Suck it up.

Good luck. You are no different than anyone else. Change only happens when the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of changing. Are you to that point yet? Do you want to wait until you are?
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    ps. I'm more tired when I don't exercise. the first week or two was more draining as my body adjusted to frequent exercise but seriously your body will adjust quick and exercise actually ends up making you feel more energetic and helps with sleep.
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    The way you talk about yourself and think about yourself (because thinking is essentially talking to yourself) is so important. Words shape reality. Like someone already said, why would you be inclined to take care of yourself if you don't value yourself. One way to think about changing this is to think about how you would react if someone else were to say those things to you. Most people wouldn't stick around long to listen to that kind of abuse. Or to think about what you would tell a dear friend or even a child if they were in your situation. It's unlikely you'd say such terrible things to them, so why is it ok to do that to yourself? It's not! If you can find a way to start being kinder to yourself, I think you may find yourself in a better mindset to make changes. One of my favorite quotes ever is this: "and i said to my body. softly. 'i want to be your friend.' it took a long breath. and replied, 'i have been waiting my whole life for this.'"
  • RedAphrodite
    RedAphrodite Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Listen to the "half size me" podcast. It has changed my life. Yes, you lose weight with healthy food choices and exercise, but you have to fix what's going on in your head to truly succeed.
  • livinlolita
    livinlolita Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    You are not alone. I gained some weight since last time I logged in. Now I'm back again. Believe me it's hard. I can use some motivation myself. So if you want, you can add me and we both can motivate each other.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Set a goal. Why not make it a game with yourself? Challenge yourself to take a 30 minute walk every day for 1 month, for example. You might find that it makes you tired for the first 5 days, but then you might look forward to it. Just see that you can do it! After a while, you will find that a daily walk is restorative, it may actually give you more energy than laying around all the time. And you'll probably sleep better, too.
  • foreverslim1111
    foreverslim1111 Posts: 2,617 Member
    Options
    Such incredible wisdom in these posts. If OP reads these and takes them to heart, she will succeed. I've lost 20 bs following these principles OP. You can also.
  • bellabella1983
    bellabella1983 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • ErikaHope203
    ErikaHope203 Posts: 113 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Set small goals for yourself! It's really about a lifestyle change and it's not easy to change overnight. I am finding it very difficult to stay motivated recently - not exercising as much and having a hard time staying at my calorie allowance. The beginning always seems extremely overwhelming. I can relate to not wanting to exercise or wanting to eat what I want without worrying about it. I've never been be type of person who enjoys working out! I have to kinda "force" myself. Baby steps. Feel free to add me as a friend